corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » airbags or new coils?...pics pg3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author airbags or new coils?...pics pg3
deanmcreynolds26

User status: Offline
10th Mar 06 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about get urs sorteed
woodwardsbodyshop
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

10th Mar 06 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Lee
bags = chav!

hahahaha, exactly how many chavs have you seen with airbags??????????

most chavs can only just afford a plastic bag never mind airbags, ya clearly don't know what ya talking bout
hitman2k

10th Mar 06 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for it m8 handleing isnt that bad m8 pretty goot and can adjust the front strut damper on mine to make it stiffer or softer!

3k alot of money for suspention but its down to you will be alot lower with bags!
Icy

11th Mar 06 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wil be payin a fraction of the 3k
jus waitin on more info before deciding
cheers
James_DT

11th Mar 06 at 01:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by woodwardsbodyshop
quote:
bags = chav!

hahahaha, exactly how many chavs have you seen with airbags??????????

Chav is just one of those buzzwords that gets really popular until everyone uses it for everything they disagree with, and then it gets boring really quickly and someone finds a new word.
woodwardsbodyshop
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

11th Mar 06 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just the same with calling people goths or emos, people don't fully understand what it means and they just call anyone them who kind of fits into a stereo type, like in skool i got called a goth because i rode bmx, i clearly wasn't a goth but people just didn't understand what a real goth was

anyway back on topic, i think you should go for airbags mate, will look well good
dannycorsa c

11th Mar 06 at 02:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personaly i would get a decent set of coil overs. koni,kw etc airbags just seem alot ov work to make ya car go up n down at shows n the handlin aint all that good if you use your car as a daily drive.

air bags are just a gimik at the end of the day and probably need alot of maintence. up 2 you tho mate.
hitman2k

11th Mar 06 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannycorsa c
personaly i would get a decent set of coil overs. koni,kw etc airbags just seem alot ov work to make ya car go up n down at shows n the handlin aint all that good if you use your car as a daily drive.

air bags are just a gimik at the end of the day and probably need alot of maintence. up 2 you tho mate.

ITS funny how ppl think they know how air handles when you havent got them on your on car or probally sat in a car with it! i have had air on my car well over a year now and i covered 12k last year its driven everyday and handleing isnt bad at all is pretty good not saying its as good as coilovers but its pretty good!

For fitting its pretty simple but would advice get someone pro do it if you have no ideal! front struts will mine just bolt in 2bolts thats it! rear is a little harder due to torchan bar but isnt that bad then its a case of puting air lines from each bag 2 tank and then 2 compressor 2 a switch/switch box and just wire a postive to igniton live or battery and earth it somewhere there you go! it doesnt really need any maintence havent had a problem with mine at all! since it was fitted as long as its done properly should be no reason for anything to go wrong! just makesure air lines are run inside the car and if compressor is mounted underneath the car like mine make sure it is covered from water etc.... if your getting it at a good price go for it m8tey will look slammed! lmk if you need any more advice etc......

[Edited on 11-03-2006 by hitman2k]
Icy

11th Mar 06 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks dude
did you fit it yourself?
ed

11th Mar 06 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't understand how airbags would change the handling of your car. I can understand that it's not a performance upgrade, but you have to understand that there are actually people out there who don't get hard ons because thier car can go round a roundabout at 50mph, or go up a drag strip in 14 seconds.

Get it bagged Ice man.
hitman2k

11th Mar 06 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Icy
thanks dude
did you fit it yourself?

No m8 wasn’t confident back then mine been fitted nearly 2 years ago now! lol! But could fit one not very difficult!

You going to fit it yourself?

Agree with you their ed!
cossie_corsa

11th Mar 06 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me and rich fitted my hydraulics and it was almost as simple as fitting coilovers, same principals. you just gotta get under the car and screw small pipe clips to the chassis into the boot and try not to get any airleaks. my advice is phone ray at rayvern. very nice fellow, very helpful. also supplies stuff in case you wanna uprate stuff.
hitman2k

11th Mar 06 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cossie_corsa
me and rich fitted my hydraulics and it was almost as simple as fitting coilovers, same principals. you just gotta get under the car and screw small pipe clips to the chassis into the boot and try not to get any airleaks. my advice is phone ray at rayvern. very nice fellow, very helpful. also supplies stuff in case you wanna uprate stuff.

agree very nice guy! went to see him on thursday! getting mine upgraded useing 200psi switch fasted i can go without useing nitrogen and gonne be running 2 compressor and bigger tank lines etc! hows your car comeing along?

[Edited on 11-03-2006 by hitman2k]
cossie_corsa

11th Mar 06 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, have had to rethink the back end after seein the mini lights on a corsa, not quite the look i was aimin for but got another plan now. just gotta weld the bonnet to go with the new lights and a few little things then front end is finished. still lots to do. was gonna get a faster pump and poss make a strong anti roll bar to take the strain of the side to side movement on the turrets. hows yours comin along dude??
jr

11th Mar 06 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coils, think airbags are particualy gay
jr

11th Mar 06 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
bags = chav!

you sir are an idiot. anyone actually remember the original description of a chav being a scabby looking cheap ass pikey who wears sports gear without being involved in any sport, wearing fake gold and havin no grasp of proper grammer?? gettin sick of all these tits who refer to anything they don't like as bein "chav". that makes you a narrow minded tosser in my opinion.

p.s. get the bags icy, the handling is fine.

i very much doubt this

the handling is proberly fine for mincing about, but any hard use of the car is going to show up the downfalls surley

[Edited on 11-03-2006 by jr]
CorsAsh

11th Mar 06 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine driving a baggy car round a track would be like riding a bleumange around Alton Towers.

Would look cool though Icy.
hitman2k

11th Mar 06 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
quote:
bags = chav!

you sir are an idiot. anyone actually remember the original description of a chav being a scabby looking cheap ass pikey who wears sports gear without being involved in any sport, wearing fake gold and havin no grasp of proper grammer?? gettin sick of all these tits who refer to anything they don't like as bein "chav". that makes you a narrow minded tosser in my opinion.

p.s. get the bags icy, the handling is fine.

i very much doubt this

the handling is proberly fine for mincing about, but any hard use of the car is going to show up the downfalls surley

[Edited on 11-03-2006 by jr]

mine is used everyday without anyproblem includeing motorway driveing like i said i covered 12k last year!and is fine! handles decent and can be driven everyday without any problems!
ed

11th Mar 06 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A coil spring and an airbag do exactly the same thing. So long as you have the correct poundage on the spring you get good performance, so long as you have the right pressure in the airbag you will get good handling. You still have the dampers. I don't see why people think they are so bad. Am I not right in saying that a lot of luxery cars are beinginning to use airbags on them, I'm sure the new A8 has them, though its electronicly controlled by a computer.
jr

11th Mar 06 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the phetaon and a8 ahve them, but used in a diffrent way as such, im not doubting they have advantages with ride etc

just not handling wise
ed

11th Mar 06 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, the point I'm trying to make is that it wont, in my opinion, make the handling any worse... Which is what most people are regurgitating without giving any thought over the matter.
jr

11th Mar 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my point is it wont help handling, so people comparing them to coilovers are beeing silly, as coilovers are allways going to be better on that basis
ed

11th Mar 06 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coilovers could be bad, say you fitted a set to a Corsa and lowered it 130mm. But anyhow, used sensibly they would be the best option for general thrashing about....
vibrio
Banned

11th Mar 06 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spend the money on camera Gear Chan and get coils
Gez G

11th Mar 06 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got any links to airbag suspension sets?

My girlfriend wants it for her Ka, dont reckon its gonna be driveable the way it is when her kit gets put on.

Looked at Rayverns site, heard they are good, any others?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » airbags or new coils?...pics pg3 22 database queries in 0.0176170 seconds