corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Playstation Portable - A train commuters dream

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Playstation Portable - A train commuters dream
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Mar 06 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello,

I got a PSP (Gigapack) for my birthday and have been playing it for the last few days on the train, this has done a greaaattt job of keeping me entertained for the 30minute ish journey I do into London and back again.

So far i've been playing Ridge Racer and GTA, RR is alot of fun but its not a 'real' driving game like you get from GT on the PS2.

I got videos running on it which is quite enjoyable, I download alot of TV episodes every week (lost, simpsons, family guy, american dad, drawn together, scrubs) and I can convert these .avi files into a compatible (MP4) format which can be viewed on the PSP by using ImTOO PSP Video Converter. Took me roughly 5 minutes to convert 30 mintues of video into the format which is quite nice for my needs.

There seems to be plenty of hacks about already, which need the old firmware (1.5 I think) to run. I'm not completely with the idea of downgrading my PSP to run them, I'm not that bored yet

What else can I say? If you are debating to get this for your commute I would bite the bullet personally and buy it. Shops like GAME seem to have plenty of stock are do a great trade-in service for any games, I traded in Metal Gear Acid and some other crap for £34 (slight ripoff) and then bought Ridge Racer (preowned) for £24.

jamesw

9th Mar 06 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also traded metal gear acid in, personally was one of the worst games ive played
sukhwant

9th Mar 06 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you trade in ps2 games for psp games?
Ally

9th Mar 06 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh u can
sukhwant

9th Mar 06 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one, i think i'll do a few
Tim
Site Administrator

9th Mar 06 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a bit hooked to Mercury when I bought a PSP for the g/f... Although i'm not sure a train journey would do much for the steady hand you need to play it hehe

What firmware you using? 2.5? If so you can't actually downgrade it Fortunately you have GTA so you can use the save-game hack to run homebrew on this firmware...

Check out http://www.fanjita.org/
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

9th Mar 06 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure on the firmware, havent really looked into it much. trying to enjoy it before i risk bricking it
jamesw

12th Mar 06 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

downgrade 2.5? you mean 1.5 right?
Tiesto

12th Mar 06 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get Lumines (puzzle game - tetris like) so addictive.

New Poll