corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 106 gti ?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 gti ?
Mark1984_SRI

User status: Offline
5th Mar 06 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wondering if anyone has performance figures on these and if anyones got first hand experience on them? considering one cheers
corsa_godfather

5th Mar 06 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had one really enjoyed the fun i had in it.

bit tinny doesnt feel as safe as a vaux,hence y there 1.6 is much faster than a vaux one
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 06 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7.4 as standard to 60, used to have one, when i finished with it, was running about 150bhp

cracking little motors if you want something thats fast and fun, if your after build quality and comfort dont get one
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 06 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_godfather
ive had one really enjoyed the fun i had in it.

bit tinny doesnt feel as safe as a vaux,hence y there 1.6 is much faster than a vaux one

and also the small fact of an extra 15bhp as standard
timrud_

5th Mar 06 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Somebody the other day put a pic of his Corsaand his mates Pug in blue with white wheels. Have to say I'd have one for a runabout if they looked like that!
Mark1984_SRI

5th Mar 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the reply m8. most of the sites i've looked at say they're awesome little cars. what sort of price do you think i'm looking at for a mint standard one. £5-6000 sound about right or is that overpriced? only reason i ask is cus there's a v.nice one on the auto trader, not private sale though (garage is selling) so is that about right price wise, bear in mind there's only 24,000 on the clock?
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 06 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4k ish id say, i sold my p reg one for 3k and that was a few years ago now

[Edited on 05-03-2006 by Corsa_Sam]
timrud_

5th Mar 06 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Garage will ALWAYS overcharge, but then you get warrenties etc....

Scan the market for a couple of weeks to get a feel for the price...
Mark1984_SRI

5th Mar 06 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what would you say in terms of reliability for an everyday runner corsa_sam?? any good?
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Mar 06 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7.4 0-60 is utter bollocks for standard. Actual figures are 8.5.
very nice cars and look ace with subtle mods
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 06 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never had any problems with mine over 2 years, think the only prob was a faulty lambda which causes dodgy idle sometimes stall at idle, only cost 70ish from a dealer. Look out for that when your looking.

Theyre a very "meat and gravy" engine nothing technically advanced so not too much to go wrong
Mark1984_SRI

5th Mar 06 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if i get one i'm thinking a china blue slammed, sticking with 15"s and a nice exhaust. had modded cars in the past, sick of bodykits etc. feels nowadays like less is more.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 06 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
7.4 0-60 is utter bollocks for standard. Actual figures are 8.5.
very nice cars and look ace with subtle mods

stfu you have no clue please dont start arguing with me over this as you wont win, the figure you quote is book figures, which is tested with half tank of fuel, passengar and some luggage, the vts is identical in everyway and thats 7.4, evo tested the gti at 7.4 too

Mark1984_SRI

5th Mar 06 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one guys cheers for the replies
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Mar 06 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

stfu you have no clue please dont start arguing with me over this as you wont win, the figure you quote is book figures, which is tested with half tank of fuel, passengar and some luggage, the vts is identical in everyway and thats 7.4, evo tested the gti at 7.4 too

try clicking the performance stats and then type 106. figure is 8.2 to 60mph.
my 306 Gti-6 is 170bhp and gets to sixty in 7.1ish seconds, i'm yet to be troubled by a 106 gti (standard or modified)that can beat or even keep with me from standing so kindly shut your hole
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 06 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes again thats taken from book figures, mate i owned one for 2 years i know pretty much all there is to know about them

click vts and see what that says

i remember racing a 306gti when mine was completely standard and there was nothing in it til about 90 where we both backed off, think you need to wake up and smell the coffee and realised these others you raced either couldnt drive, or were in the wrong gear, or were shagged or was one of many reasons why yours couldve won

mine pulled a 15.2 standing 1/4 as standard, bet yours doesnt beat that by any great margin

wait til the others see this that know about gti's

topshot_2k
Banned

5th Mar 06 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you say as standard, well as the test standard for all cars (half fuel etc) then its 8.2ish, VTs is 7.7ish you cant compare a manufacturers figures with a car mags figures as they will be tested under diff conditions. vts will always have upper hand. just.
Paul_J

5th Mar 06 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol topshot your so full of rubbish.

The official stats also said they were 120 bhp standard, yet most have made near to 130 standard. Mine did 1/4 mile in 15.3 with just exhaust + filter (before manifold).

I've raced a Gti-6 and beaten it. Even the people on PGAC admit that a GTi-6 is a bit of a slouch until it gets going due to weight.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 06 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you say as standard, well as the test standard for all cars (half fuel etc) then its 8.2ish, VTs is 7.7ish you cant compare a manufacturers figures with a car mags figures as they will be tested under diff conditions. vts will always have upper hand. just.

all car dont test like this, for instance renault test with the weight on all there cars except for the RenaultSport models.

Citroen didnt test the saxo with this added weight, the only reason pug did it was to gain advantage with a cheaper insurance group, hence the grp 14 for saxo, grp 13 for pug
K2 GTi

8th Mar 06 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

you my friend, are a knobjock.
Mark1984_SRI

8th Mar 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just found this, thinking about getting it next week if it hasn't gone. opinions

matt10i

8th Mar 06 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit yellow innit?!
Jambo

8th Mar 06 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dads harder then your dad
whitter45

8th Mar 06 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no way is a 306 GTI -6 7 seconds to 60
They are slower than that
Mark1984_SRI

8th Mar 06 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yay, or nay????

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 106 gti ? 22 database queries in 0.1089668 seconds