corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ePORTFOLIO Business card

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ePORTFOLIO Business card
J1

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 06 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Technical question. I received a business card from a photographer the other day which you could put into the cd drive of your comp and view his portfolio, it was created in flash. It was excellent and was wondering if anyone on here knew where i might be able to get one done or if anone here does that sort of thing?
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just buy the credit card cds. About £5 for 10, make the flash yourself and burn them
J1

2nd Mar 06 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no good with flash mate, where can you get the credit card cd's?
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.wcwmedia.co.uk/acatalog/Credit_Card_Size_CD.html

35p each
Cosmo

2nd Mar 06 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pointless if you ask me, may aswell just have a normal business card that points to a flash website if you want that. 99% of computers have a net connection of some sort so saves you the cot of buying those CD's. Plus not all computers will accept those style CD's!
RickSRi

2nd Mar 06 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure about credit card cds but any web designer will make you a flash portfolio. i'll do it if you want not sure on costs but u2u if your interested
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
pointless if you ask me, may aswell just have a normal business card that points to a flash website if you want that. 99% of computers have a net connection of some sort so saves you the cot of buying those CD's. Plus not all computers will accept those style CD's!

Very true, the bad points definately out weight the good ones.

Main thing like cosmo said is not all drive will take them, especially if you have your machine stood sideways with your drive vertical.
Cosmo

2nd Mar 06 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett

Main thing like cosmo said is not all drive will take them, especially if you have your machine stood sideways with your drive vertical.

In the good old days of slow net connections and standard CD drives it was probably a good idea (different anyway!). There is just no need anymore.

Those vertical drives are a pain in the arse, got a vertical slot drive on my iMac.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

In the good old days of slow net connections and standard CD drives it was probably a good idea (different anyway!). There is just no need anymore.

Those vertical drives are a pain in the arse, got a vertical slot drive on my iMac.

Bad points aside. They still look very cool
Cosmo

2nd Mar 06 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Bad points aside. They still look very cool

def something that'll get talked about and shown to friends, etc for being a little different.
Bram

2nd Mar 06 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its about making an impression more than anything, I made one at uni a couple of years ago!
J1

2nd Mar 06 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats what i was thinking

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ePORTFOLIO Business card 22 database queries in 0.0090120 seconds