corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Crank shaft sensor

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Crank shaft sensor
KIFF

User status: Offline
28th Feb 06 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dropped my car off yesterday at vauxhalls in sittingbourne as it was booked in today. Rang them up as i had heard nothing form them all day. Had diagnostic done, and seems that i need a new crank shaft position sensor. They said my mass air flow meter brought up a fault code as well, but i had only replaced it a few months ago. Does anyone know if the crank shaft position sensor would make the car stall and suffer from fits of power loss?? im ending up paying £214 for the diagnostic and part. Didnt really want to pay for the air mass meter as well as they said that it might have nothing wrong with it. You would think that they could change one part and test it and then try the other and test it again, to find out what needs changing. Sorry rant over
Rileysport

28th Feb 06 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Considering the part is about 30 quid from autovaux i'd say you're being skanked
Rob B

28th Feb 06 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

labour charges too i suppose but still, it took me 10 minutes to change my crank shaft sensor so it aint excactly rocket science...

What is funny i went to see the price of a new ICV at Vauxhall £46 not to bad, asked for how much fitted out of intrest, 186.45 pounds only takes about 20 mintues
Rileysport

28th Feb 06 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
labour charges too i suppose but still, it took me 10 minutes to change my crank shaft sensor so it aint excactly rocket science...

What is funny i went to see the price of a new ICV at Vauxhall £46 not to bad, asked for how much fitted out of intrest, 186.45 pounds only takes about 20 mintues

takes about 5 years on a standard inlet setup rob
Rob_Lee
Banned

28th Feb 06 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it fucking does... i have flashbacks of rage of last time i tried getting to the ICV!
Rob B

28th Feb 06 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh lol, takes 5 minutes on mine
Rob_Lee
Banned

28th Feb 06 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tosser
Corsa Sport Gav

28th Feb 06 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRi-Co
quote:
Originally posted by Rob B

takes about 5 years on a standard inlet setup rob

i just took the top half off mine
Baz-Zico

28th Feb 06 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had mines replaced, part cost £28 but got charged £150 , that was from vauxhall, had to get it done there tho as I pretty much broke down outside it lol
Jambo

28th Feb 06 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Labour to fit mine was £47, bearing in mind you have to remove the pas assembly or the turbo as there aint much room i na corsa engine bay
KIFF

28th Feb 06 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a call from vauxhall, saying that they had replaced the crankshaft sensor and it still hadnt solved the problem, so they wanted to replace the mass air flow meter.said i didnt have to pay for the crank sensor as they would put it back in stock and put mine back in. Asked how much the mass air flow meter and the diagnostic would come to......£380.. couldnt beleive the price, so i told them to shove it. i can get mass air flow meters for £84.50 delivered special delivery and i know that its only a five minute job if that cos i had to do mine before. so ended up paying for the diagnostic and took the car off them.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Crank shaft sensor 22 database queries in 0.0118291 seconds