corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bemused Rage

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bemused Rage
Ojc

User status: Offline
   28th Feb 06 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good morning, on Friday 10th February I dropped my Vauxhall Astra 2.2 16v Coupe off at Inchape Vauxhall Reading for a new clutch to be fitted.

I was told the car would be there all day and I would get it back in the afternoon.

The afternoon came and went and no phone call, I rang them to find the car would not be finnished as they did'nt even have the clutch in stock

So they get my a courtesy car.

Monday comes around, again no phone call I ring them to be greeted with "the stand that supports the engine whilst we remove the gearbox has snapped, awaiting a new one, will call you when car is fixed"

Tuesday passes

Wednesday passes

Thursday passes

Friday I ring and greeted with "We are sorry, the clutch we tryed to fit was the wrong one has been boxed up wrong at the factory, we will have to wait 7 to 12 days for one to be sent from Germany" I then go on to say that with all the Vauxhall garages in the country not one of them has a Astra 2.2 16v clutch for the love of god? "No" was the answer I was returned with.

Anyway, Monday the 27th comes around and I get a phone call to say my car is ready, only 17 days later.

I get down there, wait for 20 mins in the service department, Rachel waiting in the car park, she sees my car being driven round by a workshop, I would say mechanic but that would be far to gratious so I will say monkey, he drives it so fast that when he stops he leaves tyre marks on the road where he has braked so hard.

So I go out to my car and due to the fact the car has been down there 17 days I just knew there would be some kind of damage to it, I get around to the passenger side and LOW AND BEHOLD!!!! A massive great big knock on the passenger wing & door and rubstip with fresh white paint all over it At this point I am angry, ready to pounce.

So I re enter the dealership and tell the moron that "I am at the point of bemused rage with you lot down here, my partner has just witnessed my car being driven like a Toca Touring car by some brain dead workshop greasemonkey and I want this damage rectifed ASAP"

He goes and looks at it, after stuttering and stalling he gets the car booked in for next Tuesday at there bodyshop and admits full responsibilty.

I am writing a strong worded letter to these morons at the moment, lastnight I was at the point where I was going to throw a few molotov cocktails at the brand spanking Astra VXR they leave right outside the window which has a note on it saying "please do not touch sold to Mr Alexander" Yes, I'll touch it with a few fire bombs you incompetent bunch of cretins.

Thanks for your time

[Edited on 28-02-2006 by Ojc]
Rileysport

28th Feb 06 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get em
K5-KYL

28th Feb 06 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear this man. you hear about this all the time though now dont you?

think vauxhall need to get a grip
corsaevu

28th Feb 06 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate it when dealerships fuck u about. Thats why i stick with my local mate's garage - trustworthy!!!!
Edd

28th Feb 06 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sick em
RickSRi

28th Feb 06 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i say go crack some heads
Jamie

Proper being messed about
a_j_mair

shocking! go round with sniper riffle
Nick A

28th Feb 06 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also find my local vauxhall poor with customer relations

I have ordered a few bits and bobs with them telling me they will ring me when the arrive (take name, address and contact number).

Still waiting till this day for the call (ordered things on my old corsa, around 9 months now)

Useless!!!
Ojc

28th Feb 06 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not the first time either, I remember when Rachel took her Corsa down to have a dash light changed, in the process of changing it they managed to butcher her entire centre console, looked like a small child had been eating it.

Needless to say that all got replaced.
Ojc

28th Feb 06 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watchdog time.
Cosmo

28th Feb 06 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Watchdog time.

whats that going to do? Sit on the back seat a growl if they drive it stupidly or start to fuck things up?!
RS6

28th Feb 06 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep sounds about right i have had loads of trouble like this but with no courtsey car just relying on mates to give me a lift to and from, and losts of wasting my time and not actualy touching the car for days
SXi_Tim

28th Feb 06 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of main dealers are like this, they already have the custom, customers think they are getting 5 star service just because they are taking it to vauxhall, in reality you would probably get better service at a privately owned garage, because they actually want your custom.
Ojc

28th Feb 06 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know this Tim, but as its a Network Q warranty I have little choice, I would take my car to Lee Mitchell to have everything fixed if he would honour my warranty
Rileysport

28th Feb 06 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXi_Tim
A lot of main dealers are like this, they already have the custom, customers think they are getting 5 star service just because they are taking it to vauxhall, in reality you would probably get better service at a privately owned garage, because they actually want your custom.

yeah, i took mine to J100RSA on here (Dan)... towed it Thursday night, broke his ankle saturday night, and i had my car back Monday... never booked it in either .... i broke it again Tuesday though
SXi_Tim

28th Feb 06 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right didn't realise it was still in warranty, they are a bunch of cnuts at main dealers, always will be. You are probably better off when the car is out of warranty
Ry_B
Banned

28th Feb 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wankers!
Jambo

28th Feb 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats shit olly.

I always use a private garage, i know the 2 guys who work on my car very well, they wouldnt fuck with mine, i know they drive it as im always telling them too. One of them was too scared to drive the corsa

Get a big fat complaint letter Mr crowe and get sum good old compensation
JKGSI

28th Feb 06 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely shocking service, this kind of things really gets to me as I hate leaving my car with anyone for work but what can you do if you want to keep up the FFSH.

If I'd witnessed someone driving my car like this I would found it hard not to rip the little fucker out of the car and rub his face in the tyre marks!
Chump

28th Feb 06 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would've gone seriously nuts at the manager....definitely write a letter but dont be abusive in the letter. just state the facts and politely request compensation....else they may just chuck the letter in the bin....oh and send it recorded delivery so they HAVE to sign for it....
Matt H

28th Feb 06 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is poor

Some of it might've been out of their hands but the damage to your car & them racing it around the car park is totally unacceptable.
leeshez

28th Feb 06 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go out like your intrested in one of there cars wheel spin it an hand brake it and when they ask whats going on? Tell them thats there way so your following suite
mwg

28th Feb 06 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a load of complete fuckwits.

If I saw my car been driving round fast I would of gone and hit the cunt
Matt H

28th Feb 06 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could've been worse though Ollie.....

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bemused Rage 22 database queries in 0.0153830 seconds