corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help please!! *****UPDATE - Help again lol*****

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help please!! *****UPDATE - Help again lol*****
MarkW

User status: Offline
27th Feb 06 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to start car up this morning and nothing worked, thought it was strange when i opened door and central locking didn't sound, just drivers side opened.

any way turned ignition and car would not start, not even crank over, lights on dash were very faint but diassappeared near instantly.

what do you reckon is wrong, flat battery? though it was drove day before.. starter motor?? or something abit more serious.

just recently been in and had egr fitted and good service and new front shocks, though i can't see any of that affecting it.

gonna use jump leads tonight and see what happens, failing that any ideas???

[Edited on 27-02-2006 by MarkW]

[Edited on 28-02-2006 by MarkW]
shane2corsa

27th Feb 06 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be a flat battery, dodgy earth, dodgy terminals on battery maybe not tightend up properly by the garage??? take a look at the simple things first!!
jamesbyou

27th Feb 06 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say flat battery or altenator, I had the same problem and i just needed a new battery, i drove home, went in the house for something and when i tried to start again nothing happened!! Ull find that with jump leads it still might not start which is a good sign its just the battery, if it does start then drive it down to any garage and they will be able to test if the battery is charging and keeping its charge
MarkW

28th Feb 06 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to get car going last night by charging the battery with jumps leads and cranked it up, though it was raining really heavily, anyway tooko it out for a good drive last night and all seemed ok.

started it up this morning and it sounds rough as a dog, stuttering and just generally doesn't seem to have much go in it, took it down motorway to work, let it warm up put my foot down in thrid and fourth and it was just hesitating and holding back

do you guys think its just really water logged and a day in the sun will sort it out?

or is it gonna cost another shed load of cash ?
broster
Premium Member

28th Feb 06 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alternator could be buggered?
broster
Premium Member

28th Feb 06 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when was the last time you serviced it? so many things it could be, blocked cat...

New Poll