corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » UPDATED!!! NEW PICTURES ADDED!!! Euro-Styled Corsa B 1.6 16V (Circa 160BHP) 1999 - Guaging Interest.

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author UPDATED!!! NEW PICTURES ADDED!!! Euro-Styled Corsa B 1.6 16V (Circa 160BHP) 1999 - Guaging Interest.
Tiger_kpt

User status: Offline
20th Feb 06 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Above... Am thinking of selling my pride and joy. Had her since 2001 and has had literally thousands spent on her since I bought her standard from the first and only lady-owner before me.

Started out as a completely standard Star Silver 1999 Corsa B SXi. No sun-roof. No electric windows. No A.C. Has electric/heated wing-mirrors feature. Has Electric Power Steering. Has driver's Airbag. Green-smoked slightly tinted windows (as standard).

The pics are the most recent (before Xmas last year, before loads of other additons such as the interior, new headlights, I.C.E, etc), but will take some more over the next couple of days including interior, damage, engine bay, etc, and include these also within the thread.

The specification of the car is as follows: -

X16XE Engine Conversion with matching gearbox, driveshafts, management, etc, (engine bought second hand on 45k miles after a feature of it's donor car in Total Vauxhall Magazine at standard spec, which is also included), had a full rebuild (all gaskets, valves, bearings, belts, seals, new mounts, etc), basically a brand new engine, and was transplanted into the car around 6-months back and has since only covered about 8k miles. £STUPID MONEY

The clocks in the car show around 35k miles. Still on the log-book as a 1.2 16V. But will change that if need be. Just haven't got round to it.

Recent (bought and fitted one month ago) - Stage 3 X16XE complete head: -

Spec: - glass beaded, acid bathed, resurfaced (not just painted silver), gas flowed, ported, polished, skimmed, knife-edged, fitted with new valve stem seals, new springs, multi-angle valves, multi-angle valve guides and EGR blanked off. Even a set of new hydraulic lifters.

Upon fitting of the Stage 3 head. A new Kent-Cams cambelt, a full F.A.I head gasket set and a set of new matching head bolts were purchased before-hand and fitted as the head was replaced. £700 total spent.

Modifications to the engine: -
* EGR blanked off.
* Manztel performance inlet manifold (power coated in blue). - £400
* Rocker cover powder coated in blue.
* Piper Fast Road camshafts. - £300
* Black Diamond performance clutch. - £150
* Lightened and balanced Coutenay flywheel. - £175
* Modified airbox with K&N panel filter.
* Janspeed 4-2-1 performance exhaust manifold. - £180
* Custom straight-through (exhaustsuk) big-bore exhaust system with custom one-off bolt-in/bolt-out decat pipe section and cat section (for when the MOT comes round, literally takes 10mins to swap the two round). With Jap 4inch "Tune-able" backbox (tuning piece and fittings included). Sounds absolutely amazing. With the cams gives it a slight Scooby burble. The CAT is also BRAND NEW! - £600
* Kerr Racing 10mm Ignition Leads. - £70
* Splitfire Spark Plugs. - £50
* Kent cambelt. (Bought and fitted new when the Stage 3 head was fitted).
* Custom wiring-loom wrapped in blue wiring wrap.
* Brand new standard ECU, chip and transponder since the conversion. Only covered 8k miles. - £300
* Blue Samco breather hosing.
* Pipercross oil filter.
* Oil changes every 4k miles since conversion.
* ARP con-rod bolts. (Ready for a re-amp from standard management and raising the rev-limiter to around 7,500RPM). - £100

Unbelievably rapid for a 1.6 16V now. But with the new rev limiter combined with the Mantzel, camshafts and other modifications this is going to be off the scale. Just keeps wanting to rev and rev. A VERY sound engine.

Suspension: - GMAX full suspension kit. Fixed height and rate dampers and springs setup all round. Lowered 40mm. Front polished metal adjustable strut-brace.

Brakes: - NEW 2.0 16V Astra GSi callipers painted gold with new (8k light useage) EBC Greenstuff pads and Astra GSi cross-drilled and grooved brake discs. New rear outer drums also painted gold. New brake fluid. All rubber oil rings, seals, sliders and dust/dirt guards replaced with new G.M ones at time of fitting.

Interior: - Front and rear standard seats removed. Brand new (2months old) Cobra Monaco driver and front passenger seats installed (black with white embroidery) with brand new Cobra Corsa-Custom subframes and Black Sparco FOUR-point fixed harnesses bought from Demon Tweeks around the same time (£600).
Colour coded interior panels. Sparco foot pedals, Sparco gearshift, brand new Corsa-Sport leather airbag steering wheel, new custom car mats, bottle green dash/console/MFD LED lighting.
ALSO fitted with a fully certified TOAD CAT1 alarm and immobilisor. - £300

I.C.E: - JBL 13cm front door components. JBL GTO parcel shelf 6x9's. Sony tweeters installed in the inner door-handle surrounds professionally. Vibe Fli-Trap 1000W active subwoofer (mounted front-facing behind the front seats and installed with Fli-Trap wiring kit. Pioneer DEH-P 77 MP3 CD headunit. All of this setup was purchased and installed brand new less than 2-months ago. MINT condition and sounds cracking.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE SALE. CAN BE AT AN EXTRA COST (£300 Extra)

Wheels: - 17inch Konig E-Racer alloys (was actually the first set of these in the UK, as I imported them especially from California, USA before they were marketted for sale over here. Gun-metal grey finish with polished lip and wrapped in Nankang NS-1 tyres of 205/40/17 profile. Two front tyres are 3-months old and all have great tread with little wear and no damage. Only slight marks on the wheels. Nothing major. Also - Set of locking wheel nuts all round with locking key-piece.

Bodywork: - Front Impact Bumper with foglights, Combat Side-skirts and Euro Rear Bumper (custom fabricated to fit flush around the exhaust) all fitted professionally around a year ago. Arches widened sensibly. Custom "Bad-Boy" bonnet with no silly bonnet vents. All of the bumpers, skirts and arches have been flushed into the bodywork to a very high standard and looks amazing. Totally one-off. DTM Mirrors. Blacked-out futher Ultra smoked rear light clusters. Smoked Euro Headlights. Clear side-repeaters. LED rear bulbs. Ice-Blue front headlight bulbs (bought last week). GSi spoiler. All fully sprayed with a primer, a base-coat of MG X-power Grey, then a Gemini Pearlescent flip paint sprayed over the top and then laquered. The colour is totally one off and very eye-catching. Flips from like a dark reptile green, to a gun-metal grey, to a subtle salmon colour. Looks better than it sounds. Also had the front doors de-locked and now has remote central locking with the addition of the CAT1 alarm, operated via the TOAD keyfob.
Also had a brand new windscreen with green top-sun-tint fitted around 2months back. At the same time the windscreen wipers front and back were replaced with spoilered Bosch ones. Also had new registration plates.
VERY Euro-Styled. Subtle but without a doubt a head-turner.

Am basically thinking of selling her up as I think the time has come. Just lost heart in it since she was broken into at the weekend and just want to move onto something else. Something Japenese and less insurance-friendly.

The break-in wasn't really that serious. Nothing was stolen. Entry was made by bending the top of the driver's door out and gaining access that way. The alarm went off and scared them away. Only left with a damaged door that had been bent back OK, but left with a small crease.

The plan is to have a new door fitted to her and have the car's bodywork repaired to an absolute mint condition standard and then have the whole car fully resprayed ready for sale. This should be done and completed within the next month easily. The idea is to have it resprayed in MG X-power grey or another similar gun-metal grey paint colour with no expense spared. The paint will look as though you could dive into it and the bodywork immaculate.

The car CAN be purchased as it is now for less obviously. But I plan to have the work carried out and sell then as an absolute minter in immaculate condition. Would hate to let her go in anything other than "as-new" condition. If I find a buyer who definitely wants it for the right price then I will even have the car resprayed in the colour of YOUR CHOICE within reason.

There's likely to be other modifcations that i've forgot about, so will keep updating this thread as I remember.

I'm basically guaging interest in her. Let me know what you guys think. Offers over £4200 including the respray, excluding the stereo setup.

I can even throw in/provide the original head of standard spec with the sale. As I will have no use for it once the car has gone othan than to sell it as spares. Which was fitted with new exhaust valves 8k miles ago and a new set of hydraulic lifters. And is in perfect working order, no problems.

NB: - Also MOT'd until May 2006 and taxed until May 2006.

[Edited on 24-02-2006 by Tiger_kpt]
Kif

20th Feb 06 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is one very sexy car people
Tiger_kpt

20th Feb 06 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Keith. Not many of the guys on Corsa-Sport have seen it in the flesh.
Kif

20th Feb 06 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have and i love it
lostprophet1984

21st Feb 06 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to say, thats one of the best corsa's ive ever seen if not the best.

Absolutely stunning, good luck with the sale matey
davis6161

21st Feb 06 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much mate?
Jas

21st Feb 06 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much did that stage 3 head cost you?
Tiger_kpt

21st Feb 06 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Stage 3 head was around £500 mate. Not including the gasket set, Kent cambelt, head bolts, Piper camshafts, pulleys, etc. Which were used to fit it.
corsa-maxi

21st Feb 06 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have seen this car in the flesh it is very nice
Tiger_kpt

21st Feb 06 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lostprophet1984 - alot of passion, effort, time and money went into it.

davis6161 - no less than £4000 which will include the body repairs and a full respray.
Tiger_kpt

21st Feb 06 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another pic of my car taken at a Corsa Sport meet about 2weeks ago or so in York by Wrighty. Cheers mate

And quite a few others which I took on the 23rd of February: -

Wrighty

21st Feb 06 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this car is mint guys,soo nice in the flesh,colours amazing and its got the peformance to go with the looks

someone is gona get a really,really good car here,good luck selling dude

shame i didnt get some good pics really,was gettin dark too
Marshall

21st Feb 06 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what sort of time scale are we talking about 4 this respray and bodywork? p.s. v. interested
Marshall

21st Feb 06 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how bad is the damage (pics)? What price wud u sell it for now?
Matt H

21st Feb 06 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is a very nice car!

I didn't really notice any damage Apart from the scratched wingmirror
Tiger_kpt

21st Feb 06 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys. Cheers Wrighty. And yeah Matt - the break-in occured over the weekend just gone. Well, last Thursday night to be exact.

Charly - To be quite honest the damage isn't that bad from the break in, but is noticeable. The door sits flush as normal to the bodywork. Just really a crease in the drivers door level with the bottom of the window, from the rear end of the window to the rear of the door (where the lower door panel flares out in design). There are also one or two imperfections elsewhere in the paintwork such as stonechips, etc. Nothing major. Best thing I can do is give her a wash tomorrow. take some pics for you guys and post them up tomorrow night with any luck.

To sell it now before the respray i'd be after £3750 without the stereo setup.

I could break the car and get more than that, but would really hate to do so. Want it to go to a good home and in one piece.
And in terms of the respray, I aim to have all of the repairs, new door and respray done within a month from now to give you a rough idea.

Anymore questions guys? Be happy to answer them. Cheers. Kyle.

[Edited on 22-02-2006 by Tiger_kpt]
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

21st Feb 06 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm....... i recognise that cam cover and mantzel box

very nice car btw, have seen it a few times, the owner seems very fussy and wants everything done properly so its all very well put together!

Tiger_kpt

21st Feb 06 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Dave. Yup that's your old Mantzel inlet and rocker cover. Done me well that setup. Cheers for the comments pal, appreciate it. Hope all is well at your end geezer.
Tiger_kpt

22nd Feb 06 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£3750 without the I.C.E system and without respray/bodywork. FOR SALE NOW.

£4200 (could be UPTO £4500, depending upon cost of materials) without the I.C.E system and with respray/bodywork. FOR SALE WITHIN A MONTH.

I.C.E comes at an extra £300 all in. All brand new and fitted around a month or two ago.

boyracer2002

22nd Feb 06 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome car someone has to buy this, been out in it and its
Tiger_kpt

22nd Feb 06 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah. Took you for a ride in it before I stripped it, fitted the new interior, fitted the Stage 3 head and fitted the I.C.E. At that Huddersfield cruise right?
boyracer2002

23rd Feb 06 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh mate in hudds

Awesome car

TTT
Kif

23rd Feb 06 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
Tiger_kpt

24th Feb 06 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And here's a few pics also taken on the 23rd of February pointing out the imperfections: -

Slightly scratched Mirror: -

Chipped laquer, but paint intact (stonechip): -

Driver's side rear valance on combat skirt (paint chipped - stonechip caused): -

Passenger's side rear valance on combat skirt (paint chipped - stonechip caused): -

Passenger's side front valance on combat skirt (chipped - motorway debris caused): -

Driver's side door damage from recent break in. (Door still fits flush to car once it was bent back): -

Missing number-plate light and spider-webbed paint (caused by a random Chav looking for a number-plate light of his own ): -

That's the lot. Not that bad really. Just me being a perfectionist mainly.

Tiger_kpt

24th Feb 06 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must also stress that due to the nature of the bodywork, the bodywork was thought about, designed and carried out so that this car could easily negotiate speed bumps as it is driven on an everyday basis. And have yet to encounter a speed bump that caused any hassle.

<<  1    2  >>
Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » UPDATED!!! NEW PICTURES ADDED!!! Euro-Styled Corsa B 1.6 16V (Circa 160BHP) 1999 - Guaging Interest. 24 database queries in 0.1056590 seconds