corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » New Member from Lincoln area

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Member from Lincoln area
Rob16vsport

User status: Offline
   16th Feb 06 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello Everybody,

I only registered yesterday and I am new to this, I have been coming on here as a guest for awhile and now decided to do something possitive towards making my Corsa stand out....
After going to the PV show last year I am hooked and so glad to get back into modding after an 8 year absence...(married/family/divorce)Iam now older,wiser and alot less points on licence !!!!
I live 2 miles from Lincoln and would like to hear from people in this area.
I am afraid I only drive (at the minute) a fairly standard 1.6 sport 16v which I have owned for just over a year with no real issues with it. I bought it because of its colour more than anything its a real nice vauxhall deep blue which polishes up well nice.
Hoping you guys and girls will help steer me in the right direction towards a nice corsa.

Cheers...
Rob
broster
Premium Member

16th Feb 06 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello and welcome to the site, what do you plan to aim your styling towards?

track day - bucket seats, cage, removal of interiot bits, nice engine

euro style - subtle body work, smooth, re trim

jap style - big body kit, screens, graphics

alrounder - smooth body work, nice engine, nice interior

there are many variables.... good luck on your quest.
Rob16vsport

16th Feb 06 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all rounder I think nothing too OTT, exterior:- just subtle/smoothed, lowered and new wheels.
interior:- just want standard (I think)
engine:- not soo fussed about top mph just want it to be quicker inbetween the bends.....
broster
Premium Member

16th Feb 06 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the good old fav is a gsi kit and speedlines it does work well and look good but its a bit dull now. other options are to look at the steinmetz range and irmscher goodies!

standard interior is nice IMO! maybe spray some bits silver? chrome vectra door handles? i did this to mine once...
smoothed the door handles and painted them smoke grey and fitted chrome door handles:

smoothed and painted the MFD cover and fitted blue LED's alround:

only pic i have of this.... painted the center consol smoke grey:

if you want some good performance gains for the engine without too much work the first thing to be done is to fit a new inlet manifold, several options here:

lexmaul-easiest to fit, good mid range power and reasonable top end:

the red thing.... i had 140bhp from my old engine, was good fun!

a dibilis inlet, harder to fit and more top end power gains:

best pic i can find of that...

mantzel inlet, same as above to fit and gains are similar:

there is also a velos inlet (cant be had new any more) this is a copy of the mantzel one but not as neat. also some mantzel lookalike things on ebay....

or you could do a 2ltr 16v (c20xe) engine conversion.
Jamie Walby

16th Feb 06 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster

Thats me

I'll go back to my own region now
schoey

16th Feb 06 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome Rob!

Ill introduce myself quickly, im Ben (or schoey) and im the Northern part of the regions organiser.
Its good to see some more people from Lincoln signing up because there really arent that many on the site!

Anyway, if you checked the topped threads, you will see there is a meet up in Northampton on the 26th, YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO COME ALONG! Ill be leaving Lincoln at around 11ish i think, so if youw ant to drive down with me, let me know.

Anyway, welcome!
X 60RSA

18th Feb 06 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright Rob it's Matt Hudson's bro here, Dave! I'm assuming its you anyway, seen you about a fair bit!

Rob Needham?? Probably spelt wrong!

[Edited on 18-02-2006 by X 60RSA]
Rob16vsport

19th Feb 06 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello there Dave,
Your right I do keep seeing you about, will stop and talk next time you washing your car.
Cheers
cash_2_my_corsa

21st Feb 06 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welcome m8 im from lincon 2
Haimsey
Premium Member

21st Feb 06 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welcome to CS

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Rus

21st Feb 06 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
Originally posted by broster

Thats me

I'll go back to my own region now

X 60RSA

25th Feb 06 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob, you remember when you had your silver cav all them years back, i was on my BMX going down Church Hill in cherry holding onto your wing mirror, i would have taken off if i had wings! you were the first person to introduce me to left foot braking as well! Thats going back some years!

I could do with a bigger engine, i so miss my valver corsa, although my wallet doesnt!

[Edited on 25-02-2006 by X 60RSA]
Rob16vsport

27th Feb 06 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave,
You can have my 1.6 ecotec if you want it when i decide what to put in next..... Power crazy suggesting red top or a MV6 lump then when I go to vauxcare they tell me to stop with the 1.6 and they can get 190+bhp out of it....... soon its going to be decision time... lowering mine 40mm this week! I remember the good old Cav the 1st mod you did in those days was stick an ON A MISSION sticker in it..In my 12 years of driving I killed quiet a few Griffins now.... ( Opel kadet sr/ Mk1 Astra 1.6 sr/ nova td/ 3x Cav mk2 / 1x cav mk3 ) .........
cash_2_my_corsa

27th Feb 06 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmmmmmm 190bhp from a 1.6 luv 2 see that go
X 60RSA

27th Feb 06 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i had a redtop again i'd have it rebuilt first, head of etc and check everything over.

I've spent too much cash these past 2years, hence the 1.2....miles better on my wallet but so annoying as i can't dabble with the bigger boys no more!

190bhp 1.6 would be nice but its going to cost alot more £££ than getting 190bhp out of a redtop surely??
schoey

27th Feb 06 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i wouldnt have vauxcare do anything to my car!
broster
Premium Member

28th Feb 06 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by X 60RSA
If i had a redtop again i'd have it rebuilt first, head of etc and check everything over.

I've spent too much cash these past 2years, hence the 1.2....miles better on my wallet but so annoying as i can't dabble with the bigger boys no more!

190bhp 1.6 would be nice but its going to cost alot more £££ than getting 190bhp out of a redtop surely??

oh but its a hell of a lot of fun having that much power from something so small...... i wouldntever swap my engine for a 190bhp c20xe.....
Rob16vsport

28th Feb 06 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the problem with Vauxcare? This is the reason my sport has stopped standard so long it's finding a garage that you can trust and they know what they are doing and have a good reputation...
JNC want £3200 for a redtop conversion V's Vauxcare £1800 for twin 40s cams and fine fettling!!!! does a redtop affect the handling....? surely unbalanced
schoey

28th Feb 06 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxcare have not got a good reputation at all!

There fitting bay is renowned for fucking things up and poor workmanship.

And the parts they use, dont get me started, none of them are genuine when they state they are!

Even the non genuine stuff, is cheap stuff from china!
cash_2_my_corsa

28th Feb 06 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxcare r poo. thats why wen i rebuilt my 2.1xe i had nu-line rebuild the btm end+ fit the bigger valves. then ian howle gas flow the head+my my fitted it all together in the car sweet job all rnd
X 60RSA

28th Feb 06 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a quote from Vauxcare for something a while back compared to somewhere else, it was just for a part and i wasnt happy!

Personally i wouldn't go there but they are just a buisness trying to make money.

The redtop conversion from vaux care will just be taken out of 1 car and put it yours at that price? I'd defo spend that bit more and strip the engine prior to fitting, least you know its going to last, or should do!

If i was having an engine conversion i;d do it myself or take it somewhere i knew had a shite hot reputation!

[Edited on 28-02-2006 by X 60RSA]
cash_2_my_corsa

28th Feb 06 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i was having an engine conversion i;d do it myself or take it somewhere i knew had a shite hot reputation!

like shanes garage with him+leigh doing all the work + me rolling around on the floor
Paul H

28th Feb 06 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxcare i remember when they 1st started i had to show them how to fit a cambelt on a 2.0 xe

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » New Member from Lincoln area 24 database queries in 0.0146360 seconds