corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nova gte engine into corsa??? is it easy?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nova gte engine into corsa??? is it easy?
FlamingCorsa

User status: Offline
30th Jan 06 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right then people, my old corsa thats me gfs car now is getting tired now, started to loose water and use oil so summit going, car has done 111k miles and i did 30k of them so think its done its best!

have got a 1.6 nova engine with loom etc, was wondering if it is going to be easy to do?? or if anyone can tell me any info on conversion!

the new engine was rebuild 2k miles ago, new clutch, reconned gearbox, so should be good one!! engine should go straight in and shafts etc same just waondered bout the wiring, can just c a plug with 4-5 wires coming from it on the nova loom i need to work out where to plug into on the corsa????

any help wud be great!
jr

30th Jan 06 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bromleyboy did this conversion

also the car he did it in os for sale in classified
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
30th Jan 06 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what ewngine is in the corsa/ if its an 8v, it should be no hassle, same mounts etc, and the loom should just plug in id have thought

will need an MPI fuel pump though
Ojc

30th Jan 06 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly the easiest and simplest engine transplant in the world.

You will need a MPi fuel tank and pump though.
ed

30th Jan 06 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be a piece of piss... The engnie will bolt in straight away, you should use the Corsa driveshafts though. I have heard Nova shafts are shorter. The wiring will be dead simple too. Shouldn't be too different from a 2.0 conversion - just swap the starter loom if they are different and colour match the wires in the car if the plugs differ.
FlamingCorsa

30th Jan 06 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea its 1.4 8v

didnt wanna go up to 16v engine really cos kt does not drive the car hard so low down torque is more use than power!!
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jan 06 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, do it
FlamingCorsa

30th Jan 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot is difference in fuel pumps????

didint realise i wud have to change them with just going from 1.4 8v sri to 1.6 8v??
Ojc

30th Jan 06 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ed you are correct, Nova shafts are slightly shorter.

I was looking at my 1.6 8v engine the other day and was wondering if the starter motor on the F13 gearbox on my X16XE will fit on the 1.6 8v? Is there a reason it won't?
ed

No difference seeing as the car is an SRi and therefore MPI. Multi point injection engines require different fuel pressure to single point injection engines and therefore need a different fuel pump.
Ojc

If its a SRi then you won't need to
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jan 06 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the 1.4 is multi point it will be even easier, but if its single point (ie. one injector for the whole engine) it will need an MPI pump, which runs a higher fuel pressure, and a MPI tank, wwhich has a fuel return in it
AdamF
Premium Member

30th Jan 06 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is your 1.4 mpi or spi

you will need an mpi fuel pump for the 1.6
John G

30th Jan 06 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what bhp does the 1.6 nova engine hav as im curious to hear more about this comversion
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jan 06 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

I was looking at my 1.6 8v engine the other day and was wondering if the starter motor on the F13 gearbox on my X16XE will fit on the 1.6 8v? Is there a reason it won't?

if the flywheel has the same amount of teeth, it would be fine, thats the only problem you may have with it
ed

30th Jan 06 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Ed you are correct, Nova shafts are slightly shorter.

There should be no difference. I would risk saying that all small blck starter motors are the same on the outside, the only difference would be cranking power between the ones used on diesels and petrols.
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jan 06 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
what bhp does the 1.6 nova engine hav as im curious to hear more about this comversion

around 100bhp

FlamingCorsa

30th Jan 06 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think its must me mpi then already then! its defo 1.4 8v sri! 94 model!

so will even the wiring be straighforward?? have not really looked at corsa yet to look at wiring, to c if i can c where to meet them up
ed

30th Jan 06 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say the wiring will be almost dead on identicle between the two cars. But I'm only guessing. It won't be complicated to modify if it is different.
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jan 06 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its only 4 or 5 wires then yeah, it will be easy, you'd probably be able to swap the whole 1.4 loom over to make it plug in straight away if that was easier
FlamingCorsa

30th Jan 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be intresting to c if its much faster than the 1.4, i am a fan of teh 8v engine cos it never let me down when i had the car!! the 1.4 16v i had in orange car i didint really like! but i dont really rev cars to high so prob didint get best out if it!
Ojc

30th Jan 06 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

if the flywheel has the same amount of teeth, it would be fine, thats the only problem you may have with it

Yes, that man. Thank you and Ed.
ed

30th Jan 06 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm always worried about my 16v's breaking... There are too many bits My 1.2 8v was bomb proof
FlamingCorsa

30th Jan 06 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanx for all the help feeling little more confident bout it now!!! just dont want to make a mess cos gf will go mad cos it was my idea to get the ,1.6 engine!!! hehe

will be doing it on my 1st weekend off in bout 3months...........nice!!!

will have the car on the friday take engine out, spray the engine bay to match the car then get engine in on saturday then mess about with anything else on the sunday probabilly!

wot bout exhaust?? will it meet up with the current exhaust! got the engine with a 4-2-1 sportex manifold also
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jan 06 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as i know, yes, the manifold will be fine with the corsa system

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nova gte engine into corsa??? is it easy? 22 database queries in 0.1934969 seconds