corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » V6 brakes,braided hoses, and corsa gsi help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author V6 brakes,braided hoses, and corsa gsi help
bubble

User status: Offline
16th Jan 06 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitted new front pads,and braided hoses, bled brakes seemed fine, went for run down round, pedal got progressively worse and spongy, but no fluid loss.

iv heard summat about ABS can affect the way u need to bleed the brakes??

anyone no if this is true?
bubble

16th Jan 06 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1?
hopper

16th Jan 06 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did u bleed the brakes by pumping the pedal or by a preasure bleeder, sounds like master cylinder fault

try a preasure bleeder
Joe

16th Jan 06 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know this is pretty stupid but make sure you have the calipers on the right sides. When i fitted mine i just put them on and they were on the wrong sides, bleed nipple should be at the top otherwise you'll never get them bled up.
bubble

16th Jan 06 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
I know this is pretty stupid but make sure you have the calipers on the right sides. When i fitted mine i just put them on and they were on the wrong sides, bleed nipple should be at the top otherwise you'll never get them bled up.

first attempt was by airline bleeder,then manually by pressing in 10times etc. caliper is right, been ok for past 12 months!!

when returning caliper piston i did it dead slowly cuz of bosting master cylinder etc, they got hard when manually bleeding em, but then after a godd 3 or 4 whacks on the breaks they went shite, but no fluid loss?!?
Joe

16th Jan 06 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm no im not sure then mate, if they are all bled up fine and theres no fluid loss i cant think what it can be. Master cylinder is the only other option really, certain Vauxhall ones can be pretty weak when manual bleeding.
bubble

16th Jan 06 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
Hmmm no im not sure then mate, if they are all bled up fine and theres no fluid loss i cant think what it can be. Master cylinder is the only other option really, certain Vauxhall ones can be pretty weak when manual bleeding.

got one in the shed, will fit it then.cheers dudes

New Poll