corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2ltr ecotec converion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2ltr ecotec converion
italianjob

User status: Offline
12th Jan 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok lads. i got a 1.2 16v sxi corsa b, yr 2000.. i can get a 2ltr ecotec, but what are the chances it will go into my car? i can get everything i need, except shafts, so what could i use as shafts? the wiring, will it be hard wiring it up?
engine mounts, what will i need here? anything else i need to b careful with or anything?
other option is a 1.4 16v engine in here, to sve me on petrol costs. the engine will be a str8 swap i no dat, but what about wiring here again??

[Edited on 12-01-2006 by italianjob]
Rileysport

12th Jan 06 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wiring needs extending from the bay into the car and some bodgery with the diagnostics... for the hassle of doing it in a 1.2 sxi i'd put as big an engine as possible in, driveshaft wise either go for m-tec or similar or use corsa gsi shafts and cav inner cvs
jamcorsa

18th Jan 06 at 05:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can also use daewoo nubria shafts, i think you should go with the ecotec, its not really a trend that has caught on yet, and they're reall cheap... and youll get a pretty good kick out of it

New Poll