corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » garages/workshops

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author garages/workshops
a_j_mair

User status: Offline
12th Jan 06 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have seen 2 or 3 people posting up there workshops recently.

I have a lovely big shed i am graduall taking over i have got myself a work bench and a couple shelfs, needing more shelfing/storage.

anyway they all seem to be getting lined with MDF.
i was just wondering if people had there workshops insulated etc what they were lined with etc etc

my roof is currently covered with dust sheets as it is where we have partys so these were put up to hide the rafters. i am planning on starting to sheet the ceiling and maybe sneak in some rolls of insulation aswell.
My dad is a builder and i am in the construction trade so getting materials and doing the work is no problem

was just curious as to what peoples workshops were like?
a_j_mair

12th Jan 06 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CCA

12th Jan 06 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its ed and flamingcorsa that have their own workshops
ed

12th Jan 06 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines a lean to on the side of our hay barn... Not ideal if there is a fire But we are insalling a massive water tank on the roof that will put any fire out

Anyhow, mine is insulated with high grade fibreglass insulation and the walls are covered with plywood, not MDF, don't use MDF unless the place is properly sealed up because it will bluge with moisture. I have 9 5ft strip lights on the roof so it's really light. We also have an extractor fan which on full whack will extract all of the air in the room in 2 mins so it's pretty powerfull Not had that fitted yet...
ed

12th Jan 06 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm also getting a propane powered heater in there to dry it out and keep it warm.
a_j_mair

12th Jan 06 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the cheapest stuff toline the ceiling is going to be sterling board i think which would be ok, paint that then rewire the place for lights and sockets.

im not sure if it is worthwhile strapping and lining the walls as extra expense and time, they are just snowcemed brick walls. It is an old loose box so one side has lots of openings where the feed barriers were but i am planning on boarding these up

i have a big patio heater but it has no gas left

do you think it is worth my while insulating the roof as it will be cold even if i do it id reckon,

hopefully getting the garage door fitted to the end in the next week or so will save alot of hassle coming in through another shed and up a make shift ramp etc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » garages/workshops 22 database queries in 0.0117459 seconds