corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » making fibreglass moulds...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author making fibreglass moulds...
a_j_mair

User status: Offline
10th Jan 06 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it possibile to make a mould of my bumper so i can make another to adjust make fit better and generally tidy up make lighter changelights etc

realise it costs lots or a company to do it, but is there a way you can make a cheap mould for yourself just to make 2 or 3 bumpers?

cheers
boyracer2002

10th Jan 06 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup i could get you this done if your interested? will have a word with my mate
a_j_mair

10th Jan 06 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i no a plave that could probably do it but i am just wanting one mould made so i can modify/change the spot light and make it fit better and have stronger mounts at arches along with some sort of mounts like standard along the bottom of the bumper. it also weighs a ton

not really wanting to give it to someone to make a mould give me a bumper then in 2 months time see lots of corsas driving round with my bumper
boyracer2002

10th Jan 06 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah he wouldnt do that he will give you the mould back if you wanted, i made my 2 piece slit bonnet, someone tried to copy the vents out of it so he took the one they made off them and drove over it making sure they didnt copy again
Greasemonkey

10th Jan 06 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely you have to take at least 2 moulds, if you take one off the outside you get a slightly bigger version, if you take one off the inside you get a slightly smaller one!!? Then there is the problem of getting the moulds apart, ya might have to sacrifice a mould to take the mould?!!! Am i talking pish
Sidesport

10th Jan 06 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
Surely you have to take at least 2 moulds, if you take one off the outside you get a slightly bigger version, if you take one off the inside you get a slightly smaller one!!? Then there is the problem of getting the moulds apart, ya might have to sacrifice a mould to take the mould?!!! Am i talking pish

Nope, take it on the outside then do your moulding on the inside of that it will be a perfect copy.

Getting it apart = Release Agent before the mould goes together.

[Edited on 10-01-2006 by Sidesport]
boyracer2002

10th Jan 06 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know what ur saying, i dont know how he does it but they coem out fine, he used to make shit loads of kits at work and sell them on for people, makes bad boy carbon bonnets too
a_j_mair

10th Jan 06 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey

this is the kind of thing i want to know
and how much it would be because ideally i would like to take a mould of my bumper just now, then modify it slightly then get a mould made of that to use so it is as perfect a fit as possibile and as strong as possibile
a_j_mair

10th Jan 06 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would it be possibile to make a home made one from the likes of expanding foam and some filler
Greasemonkey

10th Jan 06 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sidesport thats what i meant, to get a perfect copy ya gotta take the outside mould then take a mould of the inside of the bigger mould hence at least 2 moulds, lol
Sidesport

10th Jan 06 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
would it be possibile to make a home made one from the likes of expanding foam and some filler

I would say no, it takes alot of work and skill to even get a mould looking like the product.

Why not just modify the origional bumper?
a_j_mair

10th Jan 06 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it has been modified alot already then crashed and repaired. it is therfore heavy and doesnt have any real great strength would like to have one made that i could work on so that i dont have to remove my bumper for ages and et it all painted again etc
a_j_mair

11th Jan 06 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » making fibreglass moulds... 22 database queries in 0.0130129 seconds