corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bad Virus Out - SpyAxe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bad Virus Out - SpyAxe
Skylined

User status: Offline
   7th Jan 06 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Latest Virus out called SpyAxe and other variations which infects PC's with Windows 2000 or later, XP, server2003 etc.

Had about 10 computers in at my work this week (Comp repair shop) with it on and it is a bitch to get off.

The microsoft patch is out to block it which you can get off their website www.microsoft.com with the link 'windows meta file security update' or the direct link is:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/update/bulletins/200601_WMF.mspx

The patch downloads automatically if you have windows updates turned on to automatically download but there have been some problems installing it this way.

Good luck
ed

7th Jan 06 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got that on my laptop. It pretends to be Spyware removal software... But it makes you pay to remove the Sopyware. Ironically it doesn't remove itself. Not too bothered about it though as my laptop is retireed now... But I been working on my PC this afternoon to get rid of all the crap I have accumulated on it over the years. Runs much better now
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Jan 06 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got that
boyracer2002

7th Jan 06 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh 1st jan all my virus software ran out and suddenly that shitty thing came onto my comp, my comp keeps poppin up "you have a virus" grrrrr
Slammed_Corsa

7th Jan 06 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got it aswell. Had to wipe and reinstall everything on my pc
Mertin

7th Jan 06 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure my sisters went and giot it on our pc, bullshit is she getting near my laptop!

does it also change your desktop background?
slugger_54132

8th Jan 06 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=254782

Link here to geek day, where if you read it there are two ways of getting rid of it, i did the second option and worked a treat. All removed now.
drax

8th Jan 06 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this the one which changes ur screen to blue? I tackled one like it a few months back, then found myself with it before xmas, its a pain in the ass but not unbeatable

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bad Virus Out - SpyAxe 22 database queries in 0.0131581 seconds