corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Altering Mileage on Clocks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Altering Mileage on Clocks
Rich H

User status: Offline
5th Jan 06 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I appreciate this is gonna sound dodgy, but please read my explanation! I have a Corsa B Swing, this has dials that are lacking the Rev Counter. I brought some Pre 97 GSi clocks the other day that are also cable driven like mine, with the Rev Counter. Problem is, the GSi clocks show 130,000 and im currently on 126,100. I was wondering if there is a way of altering the mileage on the new clocks I want to fit? I assume it can be done, I just dont know how. Any ideas people?
Rob B

5th Jan 06 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No 1 will post it up, or if anyone is u2u him the answer
Wrighty

5th Jan 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would like to know this also please u2u me too
Rich H

5th Jan 06 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
No 1 will post it up, or if anyone is u2u him the answer

Yeh u2u is fine, Im not trying to commit car crime here! Just trying to sort the mileage out on my new set of clocks.
tooolbox timmy

5th Jan 06 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a tricky job because as far as I know its a sealed unit ,similar situation with putting red diesel in your car its a 1 in a 100 chance ull get caught but ud hate it if u did,but i can understand your reasoning
ed

5th Jan 06 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's 4000 miles, your car has gone over 100k so no one cares. I wouldn't bother.

It is also not a similar situation to putting red diesel in your car. You could put your clocks back to 0 miles if you really wanted to, it would be perfectly legal.
Rich H

5th Jan 06 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
It's 4000 miles, your car has gone over 100k so no one cares. I wouldn't bother.

It is also not a similar situation to putting red diesel in your car. You could put your clocks back to 0 miles if you really wanted to, it would be perfectly legal.

yeh its 4000 miles that i want taken off - i cant b bothered with the hassle of explaining the situation come MOT time, when i sell it or whatever, and even if i took photgraphic proof etc, it prob wouldnt be that helpful. Surely someone has done it before?!
Rob_Corsa

5th Jan 06 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do a google search for "mileage correction", theres plenty of places doing it so it has to be legal if done for the right reasons.
tooolbox timmy

5th Jan 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer but ed m8i ,how wud you know what your milage was with the clock reading different in the car ,mot centres would give you an awkward eye and then when you get your service stamp when you get it serviced it will have reversed 4,000miles
CorsAsh

5th Jan 06 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u sent
Will_Sport

6th Jan 06 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just drive in reverse for 4000 miles

shouldn't cause any probs with mot... would only cause probs if you took it to mot with it showing less miles on clock than last certificate shows... and that would only cause probs come selling time
ed

6th Jan 06 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hamman
quote:
Originally posted by ed

yeh its 4000 miles that i want taken off - i cant b bothered with the hassle of explaining the situation come MOT time, when i sell it or whatever, and even if i took photgraphic proof etc, it prob wouldnt be that helpful. Surely someone has done it before?!
But it's only 4000 miles, no one is going to say to you, oh, well I would have given you £800 for your car, but as it's on 130,000 miles now I will only give you £200. Also, you have nothing to explain at the MOT, your car just has 4000 extra miles on the clock. You're wasting your time.
ed

6th Jan 06 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tooolbox timmy
yer but ed m8i ,how wud you know what your milage was with the clock reading different in the car ,mot centres would give you an awkward eye and then when you get your service stamp when you get it serviced it will have reversed 4,000miles
Read the post fool. He said he is on 126,000 miles and the new clocks are on 130,000 miles. Also, if you do alter the milage on the clocks you will be causing problems for yourself because the digits on the odometer wont line up correctly anymore and will be a dead giveaway the car has been clocked.

[Edited on 06-01-2006 by ed]
italianjob

6th Jan 06 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u wana go through all that hassel for 4000miles? i wudnt do it for that amount. ur obviously bringin it down further than that. lol
Rich H

6th Jan 06 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by italianjob
u wana go through all that hassel for 4000miles? i wudnt do it for that amount. ur obviously bringin it down further than that. lol

No Im not - its not a huge amount of hassle - Im just fussy. Reckon Im lying? Took this picture this morning :

New Poll