corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Head Gasket Problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Head Gasket Problems
martcorsasxi

User status: Offline
24th Dec 05 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody could help me on the above subject!

I have a 2001 VX Corsa 1.2 SXI with 44k on the clock, it seems to be having head gasket problems, it has a lot of emulsified Oil on the cap(though i do only do ave. 7 miles trips a day) its losing about 1-2CM of water a month(but i do sit in a lot of town traffic), just started to notice that when idleing it sometime sounds really ropey, it does not happen all the time just now and then, it seems to clear once i rev it to 2500.

Any help in this matter would be greatful!

Thanks!

Martin
mattyross

24th Dec 05 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a head gasket scare with mine not long ago,, found a lot of emulsified oil on the filler neck. mine's done 80k miles and i too do frequent short journeys. in my case, turned out it was just condensation- cold weather and hot ally engine heads, constanly heating and cooling.
prob also due to the loose oil breather pipe and cap seal.

loosing that level of coolant is not a good sign. check your exhaust whilst revving- does a high level of water droplets/ vapour exit after idling??
that would also explain the slight improvement at 2500 revs you were saying.

keep a close eye on it my friend,, better to catch it before it gets too serious

[Edited on 24-12-2005 by mattyross]
Joe

24th Dec 05 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure you check your coolant with the engine cold, if you check the level when its hot it will be higher than if it was cold
burgess

24th Dec 05 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyone with plastic rocker covers are going to think they have head gasket problems!
you wont have a shot head gasket it is JUST condensation due to the plastic type rocker cover mate!
its going to be fun when peeps come to sell there cars and a old fellow checks the oil cap and walks away when theres fuck all wrong!
mattyross

24th Dec 05 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by burgess
everyone with plastic rocker covers are going to think they have head gasket problems!
its going to be fun when peeps come to sell there cars and a old fellow checks the oil cap and walks away when theres fuck all wrong!

must admit, i shat myself when i casually checked my filler cap the the other day
'ohh wtf,, this is all i need' i thought lol. its ok though, sound advice there
martcorsasxi

25th Dec 05 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks to everybody that replyed, i didnt think it would be head gasket problems at 44,000. I remember just after i got the car 8 months ago it checked the cap and found emulsified oil on the cap, it did a oil change and it vanished for a while.

Once again, thanks for the advice!

Merry Christmas all!

Martin
tooolbox timmy

25th Dec 05 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it chuffing out white smoke from the exhaust??
Andy_N9~DYB

25th Dec 05 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines done over 60 thou and i dont have this problem.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Head Gasket Problems 22 database queries in 0.0196929 seconds