corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tempreture gauge, looking for one to mount on A pillar...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tempreture gauge, looking for one to mount on A pillar...
Rob B

User status: Offline
20th Dec 05 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the title, cant get my temp gauge to work on the dash but i know where the wire is from the ecu so it would be piss easy to wire up an aftermarket gauge... talking engine temp not air temp by the way, anyone got any pictures or any links would be great

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Dec 05 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried fixing the one on the dash bud?
broster
Premium Member

20th Dec 05 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at the mocal gauges, they are pretty good, classy looking and well prices, i have the mocal water temp gauge in my car, lead to believe they are reasonably accurate aswell.... as for fitting it, well its a mechanical gauge so needed a sender plumbing in.... not sure if an electrical gauge would work off the standard wireing.
Rob B

20th Dec 05 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did try but i cant find the wire for the temp gauge on the actual dash and there are so many wires i dont wanna mess anything up now its running pretty much perfect bar the EGR...
Rileysport

20th Dec 05 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob its a blue wire behind the clocks in the clock multiplug... only blue wire there afaik
Rob B

20th Dec 05 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i need to whip the clocks out to wire it up then ?
Rileysport

20th Dec 05 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whip the clocks out.. find the blue wire, run a wire from that to the spare blue youve got from the engine
Rob B

20th Dec 05 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ecu is in the footwell at the moment.. i remember last time i took the clocks out there was just a big plug held there ith plastic no wires showing probably didnt look hard enough...
Rileysport

20th Dec 05 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the plug thats there will unclip from ots hiding place, also have a look see if theres a spare black wire from the car... i know in mine that the temp gauge wire is a blue, with a black outer sheath
Rob B

20th Dec 05 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i may try sort this over the weekend and mount my ecu somewhere rather than just sitting there in the footwell
Rileysport

20th Dec 05 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
right i may try sort this over the weekend and mount my ecu somewhere rather than just sitting there in the footwell

my footwell is a maze of wiring and random electrical gizmo's too
Stu_22

20th Dec 05 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The temp gauge has not nothing to do with the withe the ECU is has its own temp sensor
Rob B

20th Dec 05 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

.... from my conversion i have two spare wires, one is for pin 6 of the diog and the other is for the temprature gauge on my dash which isnt working.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tempreture gauge, looking for one to mount on A pillar... 22 database queries in 0.0108500 seconds