corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ed's Corsa B - Updated 05-06-2010 - P49

New Poll
  <<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ed's Corsa B - Updated 05-06-2010 - P49
Neo

User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm hoping its candy apple green

Love reading the updates btw ed, very inspiring !

ed

16th May 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
its off a golf mk5, got foglight mountings too

if you need the wiring connectors for the fog lights let me know el capitan!
They might come in handy actually... I'll let you know
Jambo

16th May 07 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool as fuck mate
Rich H

18th May 07 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome!! Subtley unique and so so cool!

Love reading the progress on this. Can't wait to see what colour it will be!!
cossie_corsa

30th May 07 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any updates on this dude?? its half the reason i browse the site lol
ed

30th May 07 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm working on it this weekend Been busy with exams and my job...
Planty02

31st May 07 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I'm working on it this weekend Been busy with exams and my job...

Ed I think you need to sort your priorities out, you have a responsibility to the people of corsasport
ed

2nd Jun 07 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the front bumper put together. Pics on Monday when I have the data cable for my phone. All I have to say is Irmscher, Reiger and Steinmetz can bow down and suck my cock.
GlennXXX

3rd Jun 07 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha well done mate cant wait to see this car done and the bumper
Mattb

3rd Jun 07 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Got the front bumper put together. Pics on Monday when I have the data cable for my phone. All I have to say is Irmscher, Reiger and Steinmetz can bow down and suck my cock.

love it!
STEvieXE

3rd Jun 07 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

we need pics now...
SAL
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

yes and there all made of loads of fibreglass oh and weigh shit loads like your rear ?

suck cock - doubt it imo
Dan295

3rd Jun 07 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your whole plastics welding vs fibreglass row isnt ever going to end is it.

lol
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it matter though?
SAL
Premium Member

3rd Jun 07 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no tbh
ed

3rd Jun 07 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So fuck off.
Hamish

3rd Jun 07 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now now ladies
ed

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
quote:
Originally posted by ed

we need pics now...
Just imagine a Golf bumper fitted to a Corsa top It's pretty rough as I went to PVS instead of finishing the job off, but you can get the idea.
ed

quote:
Originally posted by Hamish
now now ladies
I don't appreciate his attitude. He seems to know it all which is really old now.
Dan295

4th Jun 07 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey ed you going to be coming to this

Dan
SAL
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
now now ladies
I don't appreciate his attitude. He seems to know it all which is really old now.

attictude WTF im goin to stand up for what i think is right, its my opinion !

you where the one who maoned on and on about midas lashing your car with fibre glass - what happened ? it sank ! same as nearly all the cars that have mass amouts of the stuff, im not saying if you use the stuff in proprtion it wont sink, but there is a very high chance it will.

there is no way you can argue the fact the welding metals and plastics is wrong ? your crazy if you do, put them to the test

1 plastic welded bumper v 1 fibre glasses glued filled what eva. i will put my car on it.

i no im right so you can rant on and on all you like

Dan295

4th Jun 07 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stavs i think he has reason to be annoyed tbh, he probably spent a long time chopping and filling that bumper and your taking the piss out of it before you have even seen it bit harsh imo.

Dan
ed

4th Jun 07 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
now now ladies

attictude WTF im goin to stand up for what i think is right, its my opinion !

you where the one who maoned on and on about midas lashing your car with fibre glass - what happened ? it sank ! same as nearly all the cars that have mass amouts of the stuff, im not saying if you use the stuff in proprtion it wont sink, but there is a very high chance it will.

there is no way you can argue the fact the welding metals and plastics is wrong ? your crazy if you do, put them to the test

1 plastic welded bumper v 1 fibre glasses glued filled what eva. i will put my car on it.

i no im right so you can rant on and on all you like

Yea, fibreglass is so crap and sinks, that's why JayCarr's front and rear bumpers are falling to bits.

The Midas work didn't sink as it was baked. They just didn't use the materials correctly and therefore most of it cracked.

Also, welding metals is entirely different to welding plastics. Also, the Golf front bumper is made of ABS plastic and the Corsa bumper is made of a polypropylene and polyethylene mix. The two materials wouldn't fuse together very well and therefore a poly urethane adhesive or an isocyanite adhesive would be better than heating the plastic up and melting a rod or two of ABS into the joint. I therefore stand by my technique of making things very strong by using metal or plastic bracket structures to join pieces and using good quality adhesives, then using chopped strand matting and resin to cover gaps and increase rigidity then filling holes with bridging filler. I also make sure that all surfaces are properly keyed with an angle grinder or belt sander. I also know that my bumpers will last a bloody long time.

Oh, and my comments on other bumpers are purely from a design point of view if you couldn't work that one out. There is no way on earth I could replicate the quality of an injection moulded plastic bumper in my shed.
Dan295

4th Jun 07 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmm so moving stiftly on. i thought pictures were coming today....
ed

4th Jun 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two bumpers for one

Cut the bottom off the Corsa bumper, I decided to leave the numberplate recess on so I had something to glue the Golf bumper too.

Bit of belt sanding

Yea, it'll fit

Whipped the top off the Golf bumper with a jigsaw.

Scrap.....

Bit of glue on the recess. I glued the recess first to get everything straight and as I was working alone, doing small bits at a time was easier.

Trial fitting... The grilles wont fit and neither will the fog lights on the corner vents so time for a change in plan......

I decided not to go with the bottom splitter either, because it needs to have that one off look and not just look like a Golf front end. I like the shape of it too with no splitter so I gave it a bit of a stretch.

It also needed some corners too, so I chopped it down and attached the Corsa edges to get the right shape for the arches. It's getting strong now too. As the Golf must have some foam or other crash structure beneath the bumper it is made from a very thin plastic and is quite floppy!

I then used some GRP to build some strength into the bumper. It's such a messy job I didn't have many pics, but there is one above somewhere of the first bit. I then began to fill it all in with some bridging filler.

Gave it a bit pf D/A action. But it needs a lot more work on it as it's still pretty rough.

So, here's the bodykit as we stand, and a Vectra Supertouring

We're going to have a mega weekend on the car in two weeks time and I will hopefully get both bumpers finished

<<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ed's Corsa B - Updated 05-06-2010 - P49 23 database queries in 0.0223711 seconds