corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sat nav

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sat nav
Butler

User status: Offline
15th Dec 05 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are these 200 pound sat nav machine thingys you get in halfords any good? Worthy of gettin of christmas??
Andy GSi

15th Dec 05 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinking of getting the navman 320i is it? 169quid, cheap enough, but does it do a good job im wanting to know. my job involves alot of trveling so though about getting one
Joe

15th Dec 05 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a Tomtom 300, and its the shizzle. Really good to have, i am crap at directions so now i dont need to worry, just type in where i wana go and just drive. The new Tomtom 100 is supposed to be good too
Andy GSi

15th Dec 05 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much tho r they m8?
Joe

15th Dec 05 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I duno i got mine on offer for £265, but the 300 has come down alot you can get em for bout £290 now. Tomtom 100 is about £230.

Guy at work had the navman one, said he couldnt get a good signal on it and took it back the next day
hitman2k

15th Dec 05 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The navman 320 is pretty good exp for the price you are paying(£169)! Best going for tom tom 1 as the 300 is been replaced by the tom tom one, which has a better GPS signal! halfords sell the 320 for £169 tom tom one for £279 but if u look around you can get the tomtom one for £230ish and get them to price match it! Wouldn’t bother getting the tom-tom 300 as its been replaced in a month!
broster
Premium Member

15th Dec 05 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a navman PiN 570, its very good for the money, its a pda aswell which s what i wanted, and all built in with the gps airel so you can use it when walking about too. i had a tom tom with a HP pda before and i feel the navman is just as good if not better than that, i like the way the navmsn software works better than the tom tom, but the tom tom does update a little bit faster and there are more POI's availabe for it without having to mess about.
Brycey

15th Dec 05 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a smartphone.
GPS Reciever ~£50
512mb Mini SD card ~£15
TomTom Software Free

Save yourself £150 and save lugging that big bastard thing stuck to your dash and have a phone and a satnav in your pocket.
Butler

15th Dec 05 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a look at some in halfords, found some navman or something for 250 with touchscreen which looked cool, dunno what else to get for xmas! As long as they do the job
Voyto

15th Dec 05 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in halfords and my favorite is the little Garmin i3 Its surprisingly good for such a small unit. Also does full 7digit Postcode aswell. Price matched with PC World its about 160 i think aswell
Butler

15th Dec 05 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These any good voyto? http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=178851&categoryId=33962&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=33962&crumb=31265-31468-33962&varient=&CarSelectorCatalogId=
Voyto

15th Dec 05 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its alright yea, but i wouldnt personally go for one. If you want a PDA aswell then thats ideal. Go and have a play with the i3 before u buy one tho, i bet you'll love it
Butler

15th Dec 05 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PDA? i dont have a clue about these things.
Haimsey
Premium Member

15th Dec 05 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tomtom ONE is pretty mint

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
broster
Premium Member

15th Dec 05 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
These any good voyto? http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=178851&categoryId=33962&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=33962&crumb=31265-31468-33962&varient=&CarSelectorCatalogId=

this is what i have. i like it because its a pda aswell, also its good because you can carry it around with you and still use the sat nav due to the built in gps antenna...
Voyto

15th Dec 05 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PDA = Personal Digital Assistant (i think ) aka a pocket organiser?
Mistamist

15th Dec 05 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the Navman iCN 520, decent system, not a bulky as the tomtom range so can carry it in your pocket. and the big screen
Ant

15th Dec 05 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
i have a navman PiN 570, its very good for the money, its a pda aswell which s what i wanted, and all built in with the gps airel so you can use it when walking about too. i had a tom tom with a HP pda before and i feel the navman is just as good if not better than that, i like the way the navmsn software works better than the tom tom, but the tom tom does update a little bit faster and there are more POI's availabe for it without having to mess about.

Very interesting, I went from Navman SmartST 2 to Tom Tom 5 and found the Tom Tom much more user friendly, im afer a new PDA now cos blew up my navman one oops Dell axim x51 looks good but would need a GPS reciever as not built in

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sat nav 23 database queries in 0.0331461 seconds