corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » htaccess

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author htaccess
Melville

User status: Offline
14th Dec 05 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been experiencing difficulties with my website, mainly just not being able to load, server 500 errors!! I spoke to the host who said they think that it may be down to the .htaccess files. How can I check this and why should they all of a sudden cause a problem when they have been fine for over a year?

Thanks for any help
Chump

14th Dec 05 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if there is a .htaccess file in your web root just delete it unless the host have put it there specifically to control access which i doubt.

thing is a server 500 error could mean anything so not sure how they can come to that conclusion just from that description.

either way they should fix it - not you.....
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Dec 05 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They might have changed config and broken something. Either way if you don't need them delete them. If you were using them you would know.
Melville

14th Dec 05 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not using them although they do seem pretty usefull now I have done a bit research into them

New Poll