corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Thermostat Location - 1.2 8v - 1996

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thermostat Location - 1.2 8v - 1996
drax

User status: Offline
12th Dec 05 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay peoples, been told the thermostat is likley whats gone on my corsa causing it to overheat constantly so could anyone tell meeeee

Where is it in this picture, is it inside the hose pictured almost centre, or is it what im dreading and behind the timingbelt also almost centre in the pic

[Edited on 12-12-2005 by drax]
CorsAsh

12th Dec 05 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you mean the coolant temp sensor, it's the flattened piece of metal behind the cambelt where the rad hose connects...
drax

12th Dec 05 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe?? Not too sure.. AA man said the thermostat is most likely locked up shut, and its keeping all the hot water in the engine, rather than passing it thru to the rad, just heats up :/

So he said thermostat, looked in the haynes, and apparently its behind the rear timing belt cover.

im a total newbie at engines, havent anything to practise on till after xmas, and need this car to work, so cant do it myself incase i make things worse!
CorsAsh

12th Dec 05 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the timing belt/cambelt cover is in two halves, the front being next to the airbox, and the rear is next to the block. The CTS is in behind that one.
scott d

12th Dec 05 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's behind the cam belt cover on that engine although would get a second opinion as not certain. Test the thermostat by putting in boiling water - valve should open if it works.

[Edited on 12-12-2005 by Scott_NW]
drax

12th Dec 05 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is, is it easy to do this stuff..?

I dont wanna get in over my head, but i really want to sort it myself if its possible
sunshine beast

12th Dec 05 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just at side of timing belt the big hose take that off u will need to take cover off timing belt.. there are 2 bolts holding the housing on what the pip fits to it fits just snug inside there

New Poll