corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Phone Experts/People from Orange/D600 Owners...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Phone Experts/People from Orange/D600 Owners...
PaulW

User status: Offline
11th Dec 05 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriend upgraded her phone yesterday to a Samsung D600, which is Plagued with problems, it keeps freezing/crashing... it even locks up while its charging! Infact, we left it on charge last night, came to it thismorning and unplugged it, and for a whole hour now its STILL displaying its charging, even though its unplugged...

Rang Orange about it last night, and there refusing to replace it or admit to there being a registered fault... They said there IS a fault with the phone, that it does lock up, but because there are so many doing this, they dont repair it and refuse to exchange it AT ALL even though she renewed an 18 month contract...

Bit of research has led me to believe it is actually a fault with Oranges own software on the phone (http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/index.cfm?action=showthread&threadid=221025&forumid=2) although this is only hear-say...

Were going back to the orange shop tomorrow to plead the case, as they refuse to support it over the phone, and if the shop does nothing either... then we have 2 options...

1) Pay £20 to get it flashed with the ORIGINAL Samsung software, so removing all the Orange crap, and seeing if that works...

2) Get Legal advice on this issue, as they are refusing to acknowledge a fault they admitted to having documented, but as there are so many D600's doing this, then refusing to swap it out & telling my girlfriend that she has to use her OLD battered phone (the reason she upgraded) for the next 18 months...

Oh yeah, thats one more thing, they told her than the minimum contract now is 18 months for upgrades, but speaking to my brother, who is assistant manager at the Link, says that is crap & that Orange are 12 or 18 month contracts on all the upgrades he does... So yet another thing to get them on, as I've even read the smallprint in the booklets & on the websites, and nowhere does it state upgrades are all subject to an 18 month contract...
Munchie

11th Dec 05 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont get it flashed, u shuldnt have to if its under 1 year old....(uve only had it a day)

so plead the case and defo get a new fone, u culd even go to CPW and tell them wats up! they shuld b able to sort it for ya....
PaulW

11th Dec 05 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we;; the phone was got through an orange shop direct, the one next to the tmobile shop in liverpool city centre

will go tomorrow & plead it
Munchie

11th Dec 05 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell them u want a new fone or u will kill there fish
PaulW

11th Dec 05 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there were no fish in the store though

maybe a mouse... but it was a quick mouse!
Munchie

11th Dec 05 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have got rid of the fish tank? noooooooo!!!!!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Phone Experts/People from Orange/D600 Owners... 22 database queries in 0.0125110 seconds