corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Door Lock Problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Door Lock Problems
Rob_Corsa

User status: Offline
   6th Dec 05 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure many others have had this problem cos I've had it on both my corsa's now. Ive just had to strip down the lock barrel and clean/rebuild it as I was having trouble locking/unlocking the drivers door.

The picture below shows everything in the lock assembly. Normally lock problems are caused by broken springs, worn slats or dirt.

If you are able to get a couple of passenger(less wear and internally same) door locks from the scrappers you should be able to build a new lock and save yourself a packet. Vauxhall want £50 for a new lock plus about an hours labour to fit(around £40 to £50) .

Basically once you have the lock assembly out of the door you just need to strip everything down, check for wear, clean everything and put back together lubing everything with lithium grease or the like.

Note: the slats are numbered 1-4 and their arrangement makes the lock specific to a certain key.

Also if you have problems with deadlocking/factory alarm then check that the dead-lock ring looks like the on in the picture. Part of this has a habit of breaking off and not contacting the micro-switch to deadlock/set alarm.

Ally

6th Dec 05 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude ... wrong forum?
Rob_Corsa

6th Dec 05 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah realised that after i'd posted, dont know how to move it though. Sorry
Mav 3000

6th Dec 05 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the problem with my card door - the lock sometimes wouldn't allow me to lock the door sometimes. Turns out it was the little pin on the deadlocking bit or something like that.

Vaux wanted a fortune for the spare, but a mate in the Vaux trade club got me one dirt chea as apparently its a common prob in the corsa.

I then delocked my doos, and haven't looked back since
3CorsaMeal

7th Dec 05 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine broke too, fixed it for a few quid, then broke again so delocked car and got a key fob fitted

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Door Lock Problems 22 database queries in 0.0081079 seconds