corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20XE oil Cooler

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE oil Cooler
Filby1

User status: Offline
6th Dec 05 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What size? how many Rows and what fitting do they have?
Stu

6th Dec 05 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

13 row will be plenty.

Best way to fit is use a sandwich plate between block and oil filter (You can remote fit the oil filter at this point if you want to?) the sandwich plate will have two takes offs (one - oil send and one - oil return) Two pipes onto this to your oil cooler.

Make sure when you fit it you fill the cooler and dry prime the system before firing - best way is to remove the crank sensor plug and turn the car over for 30 seconds (the car wont fire cos the crank sensor is unplugged)

Done a lot of research into oil coolers myself - Whats making you fit one btw? What oil temps are you seeing?

Stu
Stu

6th Dec 05 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another thing I would say is that Id try to get one that has a thermostat on it. The oil then wont go through the cooler until a certain temp is reached - Ideally 90 degrees. If you dont have a stat then the oil is flowing through the cooler constantly, which means the oil takes a lot longer to get to working temp - This can do more harm to your engine than moderately high oil temps.

Remember a good synthetic oil is stable to up to 140 degrees, altho to be safe I wouldnt let it go above 120 myself!

Also the grade of oil you use can affect your oil temp. What oil do you use? Unless you are driving mega hard/track days I dont think you cant beat a good synthetic 10W40 (Motul 300v for me) This viscosity wont cause power loss by drag and wont hold heat as much as a thicker oil!

Hope that helps

Stu

[Edited on 06-12-2005 by Stu]
Stu

6th Dec 05 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know if the xe has a cooler as standard?

If it does, is it the standard radiator type or is it the modine type (for warming and cooling) Also.........where is it?

Stu
broster
Premium Member

6th Dec 05 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Anyone know if the xe has a cooler as standard?

If it does, is it the standard radiator type or is it the modine type (for warming and cooling) Also.........where is it?

Stu

yes they do, well some do, not sure if all do, its a radiator type with a thermostat, sanwich plate off the oil filter.
Rileysport

6th Dec 05 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely if it has one as standard, then retaining it would be a plan
Stu

6th Dec 05 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster

yes they do, well some do, not sure if all do, its a radiator type with a thermostat, sanwich plate off the oil filter.

Sorted! Thats easy then, you should be able to replace like for like! May have to change the diameter of the tubing but I cant really see that!

I dont think my old xe'd corsa had an oil cooler. One of the bits that never made the swap from Calibra to corsa

Stu
Adam_B

6th Dec 05 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont need it in a corsa tho as the sump sits so low, its higher up in astras, callys and cavs, so hence the cooler.

[Edited on 06-12-2005 by Adam_B]
Adam_B

6th Dec 05 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a different bag of cheese tho

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20XE oil Cooler 22 database queries in 0.0110390 seconds