corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Need some help with my website if poss!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need some help with my website if poss!
nik

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 05 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need some help from html wizards etc! On my site I have coded key words etc for use with search engines. However when searching for this (and my site name itself retrosixty) nothing actually comes up?

Am I doing anything wrong?

Site is http://www.retrosixty.co.uk

Cheers
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Nov 05 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

retrosixty into google comes up with your site
Bart

23rd Nov 05 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 it takes months for decent search engines to database your website.
secondly, SEO is very very complicated these days, the search engines are trying to make it harder and harder for people to optimise their site.
simply adding keywords will not be good enough by a long shot.

if how ever you want to learn about SEO (Search engine optimization) try this website.

Hope that helps.
nik

23rd Nov 05 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but no description of the site yet I have coded one? Also if you search for key words like retro furniture, joe colombo etc it doesn't show up at all
Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Nov 05 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Google also looks for other sites that link to you (hence PageRank). It's not all about the meta keywords...
Cosmo

23rd Nov 05 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bigger search engines actually rank sites with encoded keywords lower these days.

If you want a good ranking it can take months, and a hell of alot of hard work...being link to by alot of pages, a FEW select key words being used to the proper ratio in the first part of your site, etc. etc.
nik

23rd Nov 05 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right excellent cheers, will try to get it linked heavily
Nismo

23rd Nov 05 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
Google also looks for other sites that link to you (hence PageRank). It's not all about the meta keywords...

exactly what i was gonna say , you could have the best meta tag but google bot's really work on other sites that link to you to how popular you are.
corsa|chris

23rd Nov 05 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik

Be careful doing this though, as it can have the opposite effect.

Link farms (websites with nothing but links to other pages) can be counted against your website and cause it to be 'penalised' so to speak and be forced down the rankings by the more 'honest' websites.
Cosmo

23rd Nov 05 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa|chris
quote:
Originally posted by nik

Be careful doing this though, as it can have the opposite effect.

Link farms (websites with nothing but links to other pages) can be counted against your website and cause it to be 'penalised' so to speak and be forced down the rankings by the more 'honest' websites.

Yeah, you have to get your links onto higher ranking/repected pages for them to be counted positively.

New Poll