corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Fuji S9000 review

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuji S9000 review
vibrio
Banned

User status: Offline
31st Oct 05 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/FujifilmS9000/
Balling
Premium Member

1st Nov 05 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

In conclusion, then, the S9000 is a camera that promises much, and for the most part delivers on that promise. I think it's stretching credulity a little to suggest it's a direct competitor for an entry-level SLR system, but for many users the image quality differences will be marginal compared to the appeal of live preview and so on. Good, very good in fact; not perfect, but then what camera is?

Balling
Premium Member

1st Nov 05 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having read through it all, and not just the conclusion I'm starting to have doubts whether I really should go DSLR...

vibrio
Banned

1st Nov 05 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did tell you you should get a DSLR
Balling
Premium Member

1st Nov 05 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fear I'm gonna be spending lots of money...

350D the obvious choice then!?

vibrio
Banned

1st Nov 05 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

KD5 looks good as does teh D50. 350 is also good.
Balling
Premium Member

1st Nov 05 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What lens(es) should I go for to cover basic needs?

vibrio
Banned

1st Nov 05 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends how much you want to spend. you can get a 70-300 zoom for under £200 plus your kit lens which should ogive youa good range. The KD5 has IS on the sensor so makes all lenses IS so you don;t pay a premiu, for stablisation. current mag fav is the D50 with the KD5 behind it.
Balling
Premium Member

1st Nov 05 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both the Konica 5D and the Nikon D50 seem to be at the same pricerange as the 350D, so it all comes down to which have the better spec...

Been looking at a kit with 350D EF-S 18-55 + EF 55-200 at about 770£ which seems a reasonable price! Will this give me a wide enough range to start playing around a bit or will i need more equipment?
(besides memory and tripod obviously)

vibrio
Banned

2nd Nov 05 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it would.

things you'll need

memory cards
protective filter for lenses (UV or skylight Hoya HMC pro)
tripod
spare batteries

eventually external flash canon 430ex or nikon sb-600 if you buy a 350 or D50

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Fuji S9000 review 24 database queries in 0.0100410 seconds