corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Took car for a top end blast tonight....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Took car for a top end blast tonight....
Fad

User status: Offline
19th Oct 05 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
Sutton..... you can only come if you give me that gearbox. You know you want to sell it me anyway

If there is something happeneing this Sunday yes you can come.

OK then instead of coasting to a stop, we can stamp on the brakes and start ramming the car back through the gears.... good idea you donut.

It must be bullshit, you obviously know better. I know the calibration on the car is spot on. Eye-witnesses ALL said the car looked noticably quicker than the other cars that tried it. Which on that streach of road must easy be good for 160+

Deffo 2 Evo 6's had a go.....

Firstly what is the stack dash picking the speed up from? A corsa speed sensor?

Also before you question my belief how the hell do you know that your speedo is calibrated perfectly? Is it somehow linked to GPS? If not then i doubt it.

174mph in a corsa is laughable the fact you had eyewitnesses who judged your speed by how fast you past cars is laughable. Not queastioning whther your car is quick or not. Even with that power to weight ratio the drag would be sucha big contributary factor as the Corsa is not aero Dynamic enough to achive them speeds.

Sorry I'm not a beliver
John

19th Oct 05 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Sutton..... you can only come if you give me that gearbox. You know you want to sell it me anyway

If there is something happeneing this Sunday yes you can come.

OK then instead of coasting to a stop, we can stamp on the brakes and start ramming the car back through the gears.... good idea you donut.

It must be bullshit, you obviously know better. I know the calibration on the car is spot on. Eye-witnesses ALL said the car looked noticably quicker than the other cars that tried it. Which on that streach of road must easy be good for 160+

Deffo 2 Evo 6's had a go.....

Firstly what is the stack dash picking the speed up from? A corsa speed sensor?

Also before you question my belief how the hell do you know that your speedo is calibrated perfectly? Is it somehow linked to GPS? If not then i doubt it.

174mph in a corsa is laughable the fact you had eyewitnesses who judged your speed by how fast you past cars is laughable. Not queastioning whther your car is quick or not. Even with that power to weight ratio the drag would be sucha big contributary factor as the Corsa is not aero Dynamic enough to achive them speeds.

Sorry I'm not a beliver

The stack has its own speed sensor afaik.
From other threads I think he's also verified the stack with gps.
I could also be wrong though.
mwg

19th Oct 05 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The stack has its own speed sensor afaik.
From other threads I think he's also verified the stack with gps.
I could also be wrong though.

Yeah I think thats correct
drunkenfool

19th Oct 05 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a video of Sunny's fiesta doing 178mph, so im guessing its not out of the question for a corsa with enough power to do the same, fiestas are hardly aerodynamic either!
Fad

19th Oct 05 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much BHP did sunny have though? and the amount of work that had been done to that engine was mega money

But yes your right Not out of the question
BeArDy

19th Oct 05 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even if the dash is 10-20mph out still over 150mph is impressive

Tim i have GPS mate you want to prove it to these lot give us a shout i will come over and we will take pics of the GPS rather than the dash

[Edited on 19-10-2005 by BeArDy]
richard_syko
Banned

19th Oct 05 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you considered some areo work?

Maybe a tray on the bottom, as at those speeds any areo help would make a difference.
timrud_

19th Oct 05 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stack knows the exact circumference of my wheel, and knows how many times it has gone round.

Use the ratio's of an F28, and my tyre size (205/40/16) and tell me what revs it SHOULD be doing, then look what the dash SAYS it was doing. Notice any discrepency?

Out of curiosity what do they do on a rolling road after they have run a car up?

The runway I used to get to whatever speed was I think twice as long as Sunny used.
BeArDy

19th Oct 05 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tim your fighting a loosing battle.
No matter what you say there will be people who will not beleive you.
I have even seen people question slips from Santa Pod.
Anything out of the Normal is alway questioned.

EVEN if you have a GPS print out there would be someone who would question that, saying the light off the moon was making the readings wrong
timrud_

19th Oct 05 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know! LOL

Cheers for the offer BTW Beardy, but I'm not planning on doing it again. It was just something that happened, and wasn't really planned!

Could of quite easily melted the engine LOL

I've learnt one valuable lession from this. People on CS obviously know better because they have all been there and done it

If I had GPS I'd of planned it so the tides were swinging my way and the satelite was faulty LOL
BeArDy

19th Oct 05 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.NASA.co.uk

stuartmitchell

19th Oct 05 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
www.NASA.co.uk

www.NASA.co.uk

NATIONWIDE AUTO SALVAGE AMALGAMATION
TNM

19th Oct 05 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My speedo is well out. My speedo said 155 on sunday where as my GPS said it was 134ish.
BeArDy

19th Oct 05 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
quote:
www.NASA.co.uk

www.NASA.co.uk

stuartmitchell

19th Oct 05 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
quote:
www.NASA.co.uk

www.NASA.co.uk

I thought you were taking the piss
SJW
Banned

19th Oct 05 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Just been linked this post a few days back and been watching it..

174mph, in a corsa, without a rollcage?!?!?!?!?!

Also, coasting from that speeds is dangerous both for the engine and control. Engines will run at high pressure at that speed and it gradually needs to be worked off by slowly lifting off the throttle and letting the engine slow down, including going through the gears. Coming straight off throttle and coasting can cause the engine trouble, and at that speed with just two hands on the wheel????? Its not just about the amount of road you have left. I know your proabably sure in yourself that your a great driver, but ask any serious hardcore car enthusiast and they should say the same.

Amazing speed, but on the road, in a Corsa of all cars (Supra, Skyline, different matter, brakes are better, its been tested at those speeds, aerodymanics etc all been proffesionally done).

Tim, you mention that the cars been "done" so it can do those speeds? Whats been done to it to make it safe at those speeds? I think your cars mental, but thats just silly to do these kind of speeds, on the road, in a Corsa.......

Im not slagging it off, mearly making pointers.....

daimo talks sense
jr

19th Oct 05 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tim o know your car is silly fast etc etc

but i just cant see your top speed only beeing 5mph off paul johnsons fiesta record with that engine i "think" was 400bhp plus wasnt it, and was silly spec

i would be deligted to be proved wrong, but i just cant see it on normal phase software etc, just my opionion

[Edited on 19-10-2005 by jr]
jr

19th Oct 05 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
I got a video of Sunny's fiesta doing 178mph, so im guessing its not out of the question for a corsa with enough power to do the same, fiestas are hardly aerodynamic either!

sunnys was 400bhp plus

and paul johnsons fiesta was 400 as well and that did 179mph

timrud_

19th Oct 05 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've covered that point....

I used a streach TWICE AS LONG.

JR as yuo read PF like me, you will remember the monster thread on there when Karl Norris said what his car did top end on the Motorway. Everybody said it wasn't possible, until he pointed out he had used a strech of road much longer than Brunters.

I've already conceeded my car won't do more than 160 on there IMO.

We will find out on the 31st Oct.

With it running gayer than gay it did 149.7 on Brunters.
SVM 286

19th Oct 05 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wondered what car was being discussed at first as that is a rather ludicrous speed.

After reading the whole thread it would appear it was in a Corsa

That must be one very turbocharged Corsa, and that must have been some scary sh*te!

My car produces in excess of 260 bhp and in the region of 300 lb ft, and I have reached the rev limiter in 5th gear on four occassions, (which ammounts to 156.5 mph) and that was rather scary every time.

Another 20mph in something even smaller, and more skittish and unweildy can only be described as an act of heroism twinned with lunacy
Ojc

19th Oct 05 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
Another 20mph in something even smaller, and more skittish and unweildy can only be described as an act of heroism twinned with lunacy

PMSL
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

19th Oct 05 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool

sunnys was 400bhp plus

and paul johnsons fiesta was 400 as well and that did 179mph

We talking about that fiesta that was doing the supercar shootout?? Thought it was running around 600 Bhp?!? might be wrong, i remember reading it somwhere

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Ludacris Turbo

19th Oct 05 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must have seen your car about 6 times round Chap last nite tim! Usher sorted his yet after the crash?

[Edited on 19-10-2005 by Ludacris Turbo]
SJW
Banned

19th Oct 05 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
I wondered what car was being discussed at first as that is a rather ludicrous speed.

After reading the whole thread it would appear it was in a Corsa

That must be one very turbocharged Corsa, and that must have been some scary sh*te!

My car produces in excess of 260 bhp and in the region of 300 lb ft, and I have reached the rev limiter in 5th gear on four occassions, (which ammounts to 156.5 mph) and that was rather scary every time.

exactly so how did 174mph come about?
AK

19th Oct 05 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its called hands on the steering wheel you donut ROFL

Why would you want engine braking when there is enough road to coast to 100 then brake?

Good idea LOL

Why are you being so arsey Tim?

Its common sense, and i'd hope knowledge, that you have more control of a car when its in gear.....

Do you pop the clutch in on corners just to slide the front out?

donut

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Took car for a top end blast tonight.... 23 database queries in 0.0143120 seconds