corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ICV,help me

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ICV,help me
Lazarus1

User status: Offline
28th Sep 05 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok had problems with my car in the past,had all the ICV/EGR symphtoms,cleaned ICV,cleaned EGR valve,the car was ok for a while...after 3 months the car started to have the same sympthoms again but the strange thing is that in both cases the EML never lights up,and when i went the last time to the local Opel service for a diagnostic they said everything was fine,nothing on the screen.Cleaned the ICV again and the car was fine for about 3 weeks.So now i have the same problem again and i'm 99% sure that it's the ICV cause in the past whenever i've had problems with the EGR valve the eml was lighting up.
My question:I see that there is no point in cleaning it again cause i know that it's gonna solve the problem temporary,should i buy a new ICV?To solve my problems for at least a year or two.

[Edited on 28-09-2005 by Lazarus1]
ra5ax

28th Sep 05 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh buy a new one this is a vauxhall problem im having it at the moment the other thing ive been told to check is my stepper motor try it could solve the problem permanently
Lazarus1

28th Sep 05 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ra5ax
yeh buy a new one this is a vauxhall problem im having it at the moment the other thing ive been told to check is my stepper motor try it could solve the problem permanently

Thanks,but what's a stepper motor i don't understand this term,can u explain it to me?a pic wouldnt hurt also.
Siberia

28th Sep 05 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"all the icv/egr problems" clarify this
Lazarus1

29th Sep 05 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
"all the icv/egr problems" clarify this

I start the car in the morning and it starts to strugle and choke,the rpm drop at 400-500rpm and if i dont give it gas it'll die.When it warms up it's ok-ish,but from time to time when i stop in traffic 3rd gear,2nd gear,brake,clutch and the car dies.It also feels at low rpm when i put my foot on the gas pedal that almost nothing happens and after 2.5k it pulls normal.Sometimes when i stop at the lights the revs get stuck at 1.4-1.5k for 4-5sec. and then drop to normal.
Siberia

29th Sep 05 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is your speedo working?
Lazarus1

29th Sep 05 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it's working.it's not the speedo cable,spark plugs are new and the cables also.
Siberia

29th Sep 05 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

next thing i'd try then would be the coolant temperture sensor...
Lazarus1

29th Sep 05 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for helping me mate.....i'm planning on taking the car to the local mechanic he's a friend of mine and i'll tell him to check the coolant temp sensor,but i'm interested what is the function for the sensor and how is it related to the things that are happening to the car,also where is it in the engine bay?Thanks again.
ra5ax

5th Oct 05 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i solved mine periodically from changing my icv ive now taken it to vauxhall again and theyve given me an engine tempreture sensor to swap over with the old one doing this today so will let you know if it makes any difference

Basically your coolant and engine temp sensors connect to your ecu if the readings are wrong the petrol to air mixture will be wrong and therefore can cause the car to drive like S**T take your spark plugs out if you have a black coting over the ends then the car is running the wrong mixture it should be a tanned colour . hope this helps ( if you solve let me know as i am having exactly the same problem and noone seems to know whats wrong ill keep you informed of what i do with mine then you can figure if its the same issue with yours.
ra5ax

10th Oct 05 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate got the new parts installed (injector,ICV (sorry imeant cleaned my icv in the last post) and lambda sensor also had timing and full service while i was there (might aswell) still got the problem though the icv change has stopped it cutting out at low revs but i think now its shown up the main problem which seems to be an air leak check this as soon as you can itll save you a fortune if its the problem.
Lazarus1

10th Oct 05 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you very much for keeping my post alive mate...and you're right!Recently i've cheked my spark plugs and they had black coting so i figured that i've got fake GM spark plugs(this is normal were i live).But it seems that it's a result of the wrong mixure.I'm taking my car to a Opel garage soon and gonna ask to check for air leeks,CTS,ICV,spark plugs.And if i solve the problem gonna let you know.
Thanks again.
Lazar.
ra5ax

10th Oct 05 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just put up another post check it mate i had all my bits changed made a big difference to the overall running but i still have the problem at high speed not idle. think air leaks or electrical connections in the ignition system could be the cause let me know how you get on im off to anther garage tommorrow so ill keep you posted as to what they do.
ra5ax

15th Oct 05 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted it needed a new distributor runs lovely now just try and get hold of one from your local mechanic to try for a couple of days first minesa still ontrial but works well at the moment

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ICV,help me 23 database queries in 0.0115559 seconds