corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Petrol Blockades? (Not a gay forward email)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Petrol Blockades? (Not a gay forward email)
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Sep 05 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I live a little away from Esso Fawley. I'll go stand in front of their gates for a little while

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
M333KS D

7th Sep 05 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i think its a gud idea to blockage cus like everyone has said, the more we sit back and take shit, the more the fcukin pricks aka the government are gunna tek the piss, i work like 18 miles away from home so thats a gud 36 miles a day just work travvelin so it will really effect me but summats gotta b dun
Siberia

7th Sep 05 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iceman
exactly something needs to be done the government get enough out of us from road tax and fines so they should cut there profit on petrol

true but the governments arguement is thats its not them have have changed the fuel prices so why should they get less for something they havent started... catch22 really.... think we need to mobalise some troops and invaded some oil rich country.... oh hang on thats been done hasent it?
Robbo

7th Sep 05 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
exactly something needs to be done the government get enough out of us from road tax and fines so they should cut there profit on petrol
Its not a case of profits mate!! The govt arent a profit making institution and they are also in a lot of debt at the moment so tbh they need all the money they can get!!
iceman

7th Sep 05 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Its not a case of profits mate!! The govt arent a profit making institution and they are also in a lot of debt at the moment so tbh they need all the money they can get!!

ok fair enuff but ripping off its people aint right
Robbo

7th Sep 05 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No but as long a speople are misinformed we arent going to get anywhere... the petrol compnaies are the ones profiting form us ... BP make nearly £25m A DAY
John

7th Sep 05 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
No but as long a speople are misinformed we arent going to get anywhere... the petrol compnaies are the ones profiting form us ... BP make nearly £25m A DAY

So if they make 25m a day how much do the govt make from it?
At least 100m a day
Tom

7th Sep 05 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's a fucking disgrace.
dave17

7th Sep 05 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

96.9p when i went past a station today.........
Nic Barnes

7th Sep 05 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so all these blockades at the refinerys etc is gonna stop petrol going to the filling stations and you lot think this is a good idea??????

feck that, if i aint got petrol in my car, means i cant get to work, means i aint gonna get paid, means i will go skint.

im buying petrol regardless as i need to work to pay bills etc, these bills wont pay themselves just because of a fuel protest........
ed

7th Sep 05 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The government aren't taxing fuel for fun you know. The money isn't going sraight into thier back pockets.

[Edited on 07-09-2005 by ed]
danny-corsa

7th Sep 05 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if we set up blocks then the petrol companies wont be making any money, and will then lower their prices. it really is pathetic how much money they skank off us and something needs to be done! surely most people can get to work and back all week on a full tank? just keep it topped up from now on and dont rag it!
ed

7th Sep 05 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If people set up petrol blocks I will be seriously pissed off. There is no point because most people are annoyed that petrol is expensive, but not so annoyed that they are going to piss more people off by stopping them having petrol. Then there are people who don't give a shit. Then there are the whining shit bags who make a fuss over spilled water.
MarkM

7th Sep 05 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

94p a litre by me...
danny-corsa

7th Sep 05 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the petrol companies and government know we've done it before, and know we will do it again. therefore if we set up blocks they will back down. they never drop the prices, they just keep pumping them up, and i dont wana just stand by like a trout and get raped more for my money, than i already do!
Dan B

7th Sep 05 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm off until the 20th, so they can blockade until the end of the 19th, and I can get petrol on the way into work on the 20th!
Nic Barnes

7th Sep 05 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sorry but i dont see why people think blockades will help.

it happened last time, and, im sorry, but are petrol prices still the same as in 2000? no, they went up anyway, so whats the point.........

if this happens and i cant get to work, its fucked. my best mate is a milkman, others have their own business's that depend on vans etc. its gonna fuck us all up for weeks on end like last time. i hat to quit a job in 2000 as i couldnt get there dor 2 weeks, so became un-employed.

blockades, way to go........
Nic Barnes

7th Sep 05 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and another thing, if the price of fine herb is affected again in this area, lol......

herb has gone up 13p per quarter on the forecourt of my herb dealer, had to make a new sign
langey

7th Sep 05 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sport16v
94p a litre by me...

go and fill up!!

i seen it was 103.9 before

some parts of the country are paying 119.9ppl
MarkM

7th Sep 05 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by langey
quote:
Originally posted by sport16v
94p a litre by me...

go and fill up!!

i seen it was 103.9 before

some parts of the country are paying 119.9ppl

I drive a diesel
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Sep 05 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
So if they make 25m a day how much do the govt make from it?
Making profit is not the same as making money, income of 100m is not much if you have outgoings of 200m. The government have big outgoings, thanks in part to spending money on crap like the dome and interfering abroad. BP have no such responsibility, which is why they are more used to making profit than covering losses.
John

7th Sep 05 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye I understand they spend all the money.
I'm just saying they make a very large sum of money off petrol.
It runs the economy as far as i'm concerned.
If they stopped spending it on rubbish they could maybe tax us a bit less.
corb

7th Sep 05 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid 100.9 for some Optimax into the corsa today, only bought a tenners worth as im gonna sorn it in a couple weeks, but I've gotta fill up the 306, which is a diesel Crap.
ainsley_brader

7th Sep 05 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
The government aren't taxing fuel for fun you know. The money isn't going sraight into thier back pockets.

[Edited on 07-09-2005 by ed]

No it goes to paying off other peoples debt, housing immigrants, french farmers etc etc.

Blockades won't work because there isnt enough support for them as this site has shown.

Petrol will continue to rise and we will continue to buy it fact!
ed

7th Sep 05 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People need to change thier attitude in this country. It is un-heard of for somone to ride a bike to work, or walk to a train station. If you can't afford it think of a viable alternative or get a better job. Fuel is a finite source so it's only going to get more expensive as it gets more costly to drill.

One thing I don't understand is why aren't there more alcohole fueled cars?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Petrol Blockades? (Not a gay forward email) 23 database queries in 0.0150671 seconds