corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20XE Engine?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE Engine?
WATSON

User status: Offline
24th Aug 05 at 03:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a full calibra engine/loom/gearbox ect everything out a car... infact i have the full car Plus a 1.2 corsa i want to know what iam going to be needing to do to put the xe engine in the corsa? is it going to be a hard job? also will i have to spend much money on doing the engine conversion Also that means i have to use the 2L box aswell Iam no good at these things...I know folk that will do the engine conversion for me so thats not a problem

Also will a set of 17" wheels off a calibra go on a corsa?
Cybermonkey

24th Aug 05 at 04:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i presume wheels off calibra are 4 stud, since only the Turbo and V6 got 5 stud i think. so yeah they will fit with some archwork.

go here for an mtech fitting kit, which suplies everything you need to fit all the parts. includes mounts, hubs and d'shafts also

http://www.lmfvauxhall.com/prodCatalog/default.aspx?prodId=756&deptId=115&catId=&catIndex=&deptIndex=7
starkie

24th Aug 05 at 04:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can do these conversions and am in fife too (leslie)
WATSON

24th Aug 05 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by starkie
i can do these conversions and am in fife too (leslie)

Kool mate iam no far from you then iam just 2minz away from kdy may have seen you out and about a few times then..
WATSON

24th Aug 05 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
i presume wheels off calibra are 4 stud, since only the Turbo and V6 got 5 stud i think. so yeah they will fit with some archwork.

go here for an mtech fitting kit, which suplies everything you need to fit all the parts. includes mounts, hubs and d'shafts also

http://www.lmfvauxhall.com/prodCatalog/default.aspx?prodId=756&deptId=115&catId=&catIndex=&deptIndex=7

So that means i need mounts ect ect? wouldnt it just go right in dont wanna be spending stupid money that i aint got
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

24th Aug 05 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as engine conversions go i understand they're pretty simple....i'll soon be finding out anyway!

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
ed

24th Aug 05 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very easy, 2 days work...

At the very least you need a front engine mount and machined hubs. If you get the fitting kit life will be a lot easier, though they do cost more.
Cybermonkey

24th Aug 05 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£500 for the mtech one i think
WATSON

24th Aug 05 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think iam going to have to give this a miss then been told its a piss easy job aswell engien just goes in but sounds like that isnt the case...cant afford to be paying £500 at the moment
Cybermonkey

24th Aug 05 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also the SFI box doesnt fit in corsa bay without mods to the bulkhead
WATSON

24th Aug 05 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what 2L engine would fit in the corsa? without any problems?
langey

24th Aug 05 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by L33-GSI
what 2L engine would fit in the corsa? without any problems?

none at all.

at the end of the day, the corsa doesnt have a 2l as standerd, so its not gonna be a case of just takeing the old engine out and xe staright in, things are different and need changing, i'd say there easy if you know what your doing, and have the right bits. with out the know how or right bits, you'll probs spend about 19weeks fucking about, then take it the other end of the country to be done by a pro

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20XE Engine? 23 database queries in 0.0122781 seconds