corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GAP security?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GAP security?
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Aug 05 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anybody had an alarm fitted by them and if so what you think, service wise and price as im looking at getting one done by them but when my bro rang up the guy seemed a rite twat!!

cheers
stubs

20th Aug 05 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally, I wouldn't bother with them... They're quite expensive, and from reports I've heard, the quality of work isn't up to much.
I'd say it's best to get intouch with a local installer, and build a good relationship with them.
corsa02

20th Aug 05 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I called them up once and the guy was a real ass.

Prices where high too.

Plus he also tried to convince me that having the matrix fitted would not give me an warranties from a dealer as it was discontinued.

mattwhite

20th Aug 05 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had mine fitted by them and got a £500 alarm fitted and installed for just over half the price
Graeme
Premium Member

20th Aug 05 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are local and also near to u mattwhit aswell, what did u think of there service?
mattwhite

20th Aug 05 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty good mate, he came, fitted it and went, took about an hour, i had a question about how it was behaving aftewards so i rang him up and he told me what it was and it was fixed there and then, so pretty helpful, plus they have a 24 hour technician for any help needed.

i was happy with the service they provided
Jules

21st Aug 05 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd call Toad direct and get them to come to you and fit one of their alarms, they have a nationwide home ftting service and do a top notch job.
drunkenfool

21st Aug 05 at 06:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a concept 650 installed last week by gap and so far no probs. Wth the extra bits and pieces including boot pop etc they wanted something like £840 which i obviously coulndt afford Guy on the phone told me it would be loads cheaper to install the boot pop myself (£195 for them to install one!) , and that i would also be better off taking out the alarm from my old car myself instead of paying £60 to have them do it.
StuartVRS

21st Aug 05 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

load of shit, had mine done by them, not happy with it. Proximity sensor doesnt work properly. I cant set the proximity sensor off at all yet it goes of constantly when there is nothing near the car, ive had a new control unit on it, unhelpful on phone and do not have a 24hr technical department as i found out at 8pm one night when i couldnt get in the car.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GAP security? 22 database queries in 0.0101540 seconds