corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Making A Claim Against Council For Roads

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Making A Claim Against Council For Roads
Rza_2002

User status: Offline
   19th Aug 05 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has Anyone Done This ? , Was Driving Through Leven Tonight To Pick Up GF From Work, "Bounced" Down A Massive Hole In The Road Around A Manhole (2/3" Deep, Couple Of Feet Long) Broke Both Clips For Front Bumper So Its Hanging Off Now, Too Dark To Assess Anymore Damage
Any Help Appreciated
.David.
CorsAsh

19th Aug 05 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First thing is to go back there and take pictures before they can fill the hole up. If you buy a morning paper also, photgraph this next to the hole to prove the date.
Forever_Hatter

19th Aug 05 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think you shall have much luck

a old friend of mine was travelling along m25 and big dip in the road....made the car bounce up and heard a big clunk (hitting the road)

next thing engine is dead

looked into it and was adviced they wil do anything to get out of it (crafty)
Danny P

19th Aug 05 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rza_2002
Has Anyone Done This ? , Was Driving Through Leven Tonight To Pick Up GF From Work, "Bounced" Down A Massive Hole In The Road Around A Manhole (2/3" Deep, Couple Of Feet Long) Broke Both Clips For Front Bumper So Its Hanging Off Now, Too Dark To Assess Anymore Damage
Any Help Appreciated
.David.

Hope your not gunna tyoe your letter of complaint, will take um a week just to read it
Rza_2002

19th Aug 05 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will remember to shorten it next time ***edit*** i smashed my bumper on a hole in the road, how do i claim
mav

19th Aug 05 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my wife used to work for swinton car insurance and persued this type of claim for a few clients succesfully.

Try it yourself though, will take ages..As said gets pics of hole and date and pics of all damage..

[Edited on 19-08-2005 by mav]
Nath

19th Aug 05 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
First thing is to go back there and take pictures before they can fill the hole up. If you buy a morning paper also, photgraph this next to the hole to prove the date.

Yesh do that.

We had a pot hole on a road near us and someone complained so the council filled it in.
Scotty2003

19th Aug 05 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

putting the paper next to the hole will also give any solicitor or who ever you might speak to a better indication as of the size of the hole/ reprasentative of scale ( no rudeness please people ), just reminds me of angelina jolie in the bone collector ahhh bisto! Like to see a council scaff try and even get close to fillin her in!

[Edited on 19-08-2005 by Scotty2003]
jamied

20th Aug 05 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the council are sooo fukkin tight mate, have a big team of solicitors... no point
Laura

20th Aug 05 at 01:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that happens to me everyday through here and theres sweet fuk all u can do... fife council will just laugh in ur face
corsa_godfather

20th Aug 05 at 05:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is your car lowered at all?
Skinz

20th Aug 05 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have heard of stories where the council has paid up, but heard of far many more where they dont.

Apparently only certain roads are there responsibility or sum crap

and summit about they will only pay up if they are already aware of the hole and have not filled it

[Edited on 20-08-2005 by Skinz]
Jill
Premium Member

20th Aug 05 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skinz
Apparently only certain roads are there responsibility or sum crap

and summit about they will only pay up if they are already aware of the hole and have not filled it[Edited on 20-08-2005 by Skinz]

Yeah this is true- they'll only do it for roads deemed "eligible" and will fill them up but there has to be *I think* three or more complaints about said road, including evidence of damage and receipts for any repair ie: alloy wheel refurbishment. Then they'll take it from there and decide whether to compensate you and/or just fill the hole.

I did this with my first set of alloy wheels a good six years ago now and the council couldn't compensate me but the hole was filled in eventually

JILL
Jamie

20th Aug 05 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I burst a tyre one night on a pot hole

Next day went back took about 20 photographs (couple including newspaper) and wrote a letter to the council.

Week later got a claims form which sent to their insurers - Zurich

Month down the line got a cheque for a brand new tyre

ShEp

21st Aug 05 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mother got a claim from the council, as a pot hole burst a shocker on her car and punctured the tyre,

just make sure u can prove it,
Rza_2002

22nd Aug 05 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a couple of pics of damage if anyone can host them 4 me
Rebrabuk

22nd Aug 05 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently put in 2 claims to 2 local councils.

1 was for broken kerb stones lieing on the road which i hit and damaged front bumper - put in an estimated claim of approx £400 for replacement bumper. It got passed to their insurance company who replied to say that the council identified the hazard in February on a routine inspection and a date of 14th June was set for work to be completed. As i had my incident on 9th June, they failed to see how the council had been negligent. I'm in the process of drafting a letter back to try again...

The other claim was for hitting a sunken drain cover which dented the rim of my wheel. Put in a claim for a new wheel. Not heard back from them but that was repaired within 2 days of my letter. I'm in process of writing them a reminder letter...

Bastards.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Making A Claim Against Council For Roads 22 database queries in 0.0145609 seconds