corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Quick question about money

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick question about money
Dean_H

User status: Offline
4th Aug 05 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will need a couple of £k in a months time.

Instead of me getting a loan at a high 10-15% APR can i get a 0% credit card. (these 9-12 months 0%)

If i have say a £5k limit on the card, how do i go about getting money from the credit card, to transfer to a savings account for example.

Cheers
Kerry

4th Aug 05 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with egg u can do a transfer online its simple

with others dunno as i only have an egg card
Dean_H

4th Aug 05 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So this balance transfer also means to transfer a sum from the account to xxxx

I always thought balance transfer was bringing say £5k of debt to the new card...

So does balance transfer mean both in/out of the card?

Reason im asking is i fancie doing some "stoozing"

Basically people with good credit ratings are taking advantage of these 0% credit card deals and are borrowing as much money as they can on these 9-12 months deals. One guy had borrowed in excess of £75,000 on 0% cards.

Anyway with all this money they transfer it into guaranteed savings accounts like ING direct, EGG, ISA's paying 4-6% INTEREST!!!.

When the 0% deal is up on the specific credit card you pay off the debt from the savings account and try and find another 0% credit card.

Alot of fuss, and to be honest if your not good with money you shouldnt really do it. You need to keep track of all your deals etc in spreadsheet and need to be very organized.

But in the case of that guy that borrowed £75k on 0% cards he is making a PROFIT of nearly £4k a year in interest, by doing nothing LMAO.

I have only just started looking into doing this, i have a good credit rating (i think, never missed any direct debit payments) but ive never had a credit card before... so i am not sure what all these balance transfers etc are all about (more reading needed ) i also have over £16k in savings so i dont know if this will help me get a higher limit on the card ?

If anyone wants a read http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1076883546,34894,

I would be happy with £500 profit at the expense of credit card companies and also getting a good credit rating in the process
mav

4th Aug 05 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get credit card chq's, but these will be charged slighly extra like taking cash out on it...

Can transfer with 0% balances from loans other cards but more than likely to put money into a savings account need to take cash out of it or use credit card qhq's if you get them...

[Edited on 04-08-2005 by mav]
Kerry

4th Aug 05 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes balance transfer can include transfer of funds into a bank account as you can use to pay off over draughts

plan sounds like a good one but i think credit card companies are starting to cotton on, after all its how they make thier money on interest

but if it works good plan
Kerry

4th Aug 05 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put it this way i have transferred funds online from my egg card into my bank account loads of times and is included in the 0% balance transfer
Dean_H

4th Aug 05 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the replies,

So egg is a good account, easy to use etc? Ive had a savings account online at egg and that was easy to use.

Kerry

4th Aug 05 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would do a bit of research see who is offering 0% balance transfers at the min
John

4th Aug 05 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

transfer to banks is super balanace transfer afaik. Not all cards have this.
Go to www.moneysavingexpert.com and have a read. That'll tell you the best card to suit your needs.
Dean_H

4th Aug 05 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
i would do a bit of research see who is offering 0% balance transfers at the min

Thanks kerry, take a look at this site, its excellent http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1107182516,76509,

Virgin is the best overall card by the looks of it, with RBS/Natwest and virgin offering free balance transfer and 0%.

Kerry

4th Aug 05 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mint is owned by RBS
Dean_H

4th Aug 05 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
transfer to banks is super balanace transfer afaik. Not all cards have this.
Go to www.moneysavingexpert.com and have a read. That'll tell you the best card to suit your needs.

Cheers john, yea ive been visiting the site, some of the guides are hard to read some times, the layout is all over the place and it not a clear read some times.
cargraphics4u.com

4th Aug 05 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what card is the best for super balance transfers and how do the other compare? been looking through this for a while and still can't find any info on charges for super balance transfers on any othe card sites
cargraphics4u.com

5th Aug 05 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Quick question about money 22 database queries in 0.0127749 seconds