corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Whats the deal with diesels?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats the deal with diesels?
Jambo

User status: Offline
4th Aug 05 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never really payed any attention to diesels ever, but i might have to change my 2nd car for something less thirsty (2.4l merc) and i have toyed with the idea of diesels.

Basically want something that will munch motorway miles, be ok to drive round town (merc is horrid) something modern and qiet and comfy!

I like the look of the GTi TDi MK4 golf, as they are priced about £7kish i guess this would be around what id want to spend. Leather would be a bonus but i guess there arent too many around.

Is it true that diesels engines will go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on? Or is this folklore?

SteveW

4th Aug 05 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno much about the Diesels.. although if you chip the Golf TDI you make around 200bhp
Fad

4th Aug 05 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never used to be a fan of diesels but been out in a few Mk4 TD GTi's both the 130 and 150 and they are well impressive you dont expect that kind of perfomance.

When my job situation settles prolly be looking at an Aniversary TD GTi
Jambo

4th Aug 05 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really interested in tuning it tbh Thats why i have a LET

Just want something that isnt hideously slow and does good mpg, it will mainly be spending time on motorways and b roads.

I like the golf build quality and cabin, they look nice with a set of wheels too
mwg

4th Aug 05 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The VAG diesels are quick and good MPG.

My Mums got a Citroen ZX 1.9TD and its got 170,000 miles on it and never had anything serious go wrong with it! Still runs sweet as a nut!
the 6ft dream

4th Aug 05 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo iv just realised ur 4 days older than me
Jambo

4th Aug 05 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_boy69
The VAG diesels are quick and good MPG.

My Mums got a Citroen ZX 1.9TD and its got 170,000 miles on it and never had anything serious go wrong with it! Still runs sweet as a nut!

Thats ace We have put 10K On the mercedes in a few months need something cheaper as its a barge and it Guzzles fuel!

6ft dream, u born on 8th?? My grandad was born 8th?
Butler

4th Aug 05 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My friend at work has a mk4 tdi it goes like a beast
Carly

4th Aug 05 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

diesels are the way foreward, they're the best cars to have if you already have something fun, all te ones we've had seem to go forever, i remeber we had a 406 that'd done 170.000 and mine has done 128.000
corb

4th Aug 05 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hold fire on that Jambo, cos the new Leon is launched soon, so should see an influx(?) of used diesel leons onto the market. A leon is a Golf with a different badge! We have a Leon 1.9TDi Cupra at the moment, but its way above your budget - £13495. December '03 15 000 miles, yellow.

Take a look on our website

www.hidsons.co.uk

Arnie

4th Aug 05 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corb - What were you doing driving a 306 the other day? What happened to the Nova?
corb

4th Aug 05 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arnie, hehe! Nova got slight crash damage, needed a wing, sorted now though, cos the 306 tax ran out last month So i'm back to using the nova. But am on the lookout for something VERY different!
Jambo

4th Aug 05 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers corb, i like the interior of the leons but IMO they are BUTT ugly unless its a cupra Or maybe im just picky, golf seems like a classier act really
jr

4th Aug 05 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a lupo, you migth laugh, but ask anyone thats driven mine

also your be able to beat the bloke in the 16v sport
Greasemonkey

4th Aug 05 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diesels are fine i have one, MPG is good but dont forget diesel is more expensive. Just dont tweek it as i tweeked mine and its MPG is now worse than my old corsa GSI plus is smokes allot being a tuned diesel
SVM 286

6th Aug 05 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Never really payed any attention to diesels ever, but i might have to change my 2nd car for something less thirsty (2.4l merc) and i have toyed with the idea of diesels.

Basically want something that will munch motorway miles, be ok to drive round town (merc is horrid) something modern and qiet and comfy!

I like the look of the GTi TDi MK4 golf, as they are priced about £7kish i guess this would be around what id want to spend. Leather would be a bonus but i guess there arent too many around.

Is it true that diesels engines will go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on? Or is this folklore?

Know where you're coming from with the Mercedes, I have the same predicament.

In short, my recomendation is simple Golf MK 4 150 PD

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Whats the deal with diesels? 22 database queries in 0.0106680 seconds