corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How would we organise a Corsasport trip to the Nurburgring ?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How would we organise a Corsasport trip to the Nurburgring ?
Hip Hop

User status: Offline
4th Aug 05 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it really as easy as just turning up, and paying to do a lap?

Would you have to tell your insurance people etc etc...???
VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th Aug 05 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Uncle layed his brand new Kawazaki out on the ring Completley smashed the thing up It was on Oil. He was ok, Put it in 3rd and made it back to the Van, Bundled it in and drove off. Then he told the insurance company he did it in the village inside the ring.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Aug 05 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cost would be £1000 easy, and thats if you don't crash. If we're getting advice from another club or even co-inciding a visit with them then this needs to be a professional, responsible operation and not a load of boy racers crashing overseas.
stuartmitchell

4th Aug 05 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
this needs to be a professional, responsible operation and not a load of boy racers crashing overseas.

that sounds more like it
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Aug 05 at 00:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're fully capable I'm sure, I just worry.
stuartmitchell

5th Aug 05 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah going with Mig would be a plan but would they let us chavs tag along
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Aug 05 at 00:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats their assumption, not mine!
Hip Hop

5th Aug 05 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Cost would be £1000 easy

Each? or all in?
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Aug 05 at 02:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Each.

Petrol, ferry, accomodation, food, beer, extra breakdown cover, spare bits, big foreign mobile bill when you get lost etc. etc.

Its 580 miles for me to get there, so 1160 round trip. At 25 mpg that is £189 in fuel alone just to get there, and that not hammering it around the track or getting lost.
Corsa E-Tec

5th Aug 05 at 02:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd love to do this, i'd also count it as my holiday for the year
VegasPhil
Premium Member

5th Aug 05 at 02:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder if the 1.2 8v would make it in a tank...

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Hip Hop

5th Aug 05 at 03:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to do it, but at £1000 I wouldn't be able to...
My trip to italy skiing for one week only cost something like £450

I wonder if you could manage to fit it all in one day...

For me....

From Bexleyheath,Kent
To Dover,Kent | Reverse this route
Distance 64.2 miles | Show distances in kilometres
Time 1 hr 19 min

1hr 19mins X2= 2hr 38mins

From Calais,France
To Nürburg,Germany
Distance 445.8 km
Time 4 hr 18 min

4hr 18mins X2= 8hr 36mins

5hr 37mins there, 5hr 37mins back = 11hr 16 mins

Plus an hour and a half on the ferry... 12hr 46mins there and back

Leaving around 11 hours to go on the ring....could work
bradfincham

5th Aug 05 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noo way near 1k, petrol is half the price in france, belgium and germany!

The hotel was about 40 euros a night, only need that for 2 nights, its 15 euros for a ring lap, id do 5 maximum!

Id say £400 is a good price but id budget for £600, got european breakdown all ready and insurance
CorsaControl

5th Aug 05 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are all serious..

I have just asked my mate and we have wanted to go down for ages... now he's got the Monaro he can't wait...

So we'll be up for it ..! average 20MPG... how many miles? how much do you reckon it would cost??

And whos definatley goin??

[Edited on 05-08-2005 by CorsaControl]
Rob H

5th Aug 05 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ridethering.com/ ( Ace name )

They'll sort out your ferries and accomodation. All you need to do is fuel your car up, have your passport with you, and pay to get on the track as and when you want .

Prices are reasonable when you consider the pissing about the blokes gotta do, plus you get the benifit of a support car, and the guys gotta make a living out of it .

Mate went with this bloke with my local cruise site Streetrace.co.uk, and eveyone really enjoyed it.

[Edited on 05-08-2005 by Rob H]
corsaandy

6th Aug 05 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right lads ive just got back from the ring a month ago, i organised a trip there with help from a few mates for my uni's motor club. In total there was 16 people in 10 vehicles 1 van 1 motorbike and 8 cars all in one big convoy all they way there we had another 3 bikes in the van as some of the bikers didnt want to ride all the way there! once you get onto the continent its about 300 ish miles on 3 roads and you go through france belgium and into germany. it really isnt to bad we had a few probs keeping people in convoy but apart from the odd things here and there was a great trip.
We left early on friday morning caught a speedferries ferry from dover to bolugne at 11am this was £50 per vehicle once in france we drove all the way there after a few mishaps and got to the ring at 11pm this was travelling very slowly 60mph all the way there and we had about 3-4 hours of breaks. we stayed at a campsite called camp de nurburgring or something similar to that which cost us 10 euros a night roughly £7 cheap as chips was a nice place and i have no complaints. we then got up watched a race on the ring during the day and then when the track opened to the public at night we went on for a gew laps it was raining and because of this and it being our first lap on the ring 3 of us span i personally did and was about a foot away from the wall and was very lucky. then after 2 laps that evening costing 15 euros each we had some food and slept then next day was sunday and the ring was open all day so we were on the ring all day think i did 9 laps that day this time it was dry and much better its an awesome circuit and we all had a greta time. one of my mates did crash into the wall but luckily only cause cosmetic damage to his car and no damage to the barrier, if you damage any of the barriers when you crash you have to pay for them and they are not cheap in the slightest. you also have to pay to get towed off of the circuit which is again not cheap. for the trip i had some european breakdonw cover which is highly recomended as its only about £30 and they will tow you all the way home if you break down just try not to mention the ring to them as they may not like it too much! all in all the trip cost me about £500 this includes absolutely everything food drink beer ferry laps petrol breakdown cover. i loved every minute that i was on the ring and will definitely be going back again in the near future once in a lifetime experience i mean you cant complain with a 13 mile race track with 140 ish bends i think it is

also here is a few pics of me on the ring and a pic of us in convoy to mcdonalds in bolugne

[Edited on 06-08-2005 by corsaandy]
CorsaControl

6th Aug 05 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats amazing mate, awsome!

what kind of times did you all put down?
corsaandy

6th Aug 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh mate i wasnt really timing cos i didnt want to push myself too hard as i wanted my car in one piece but a few of my mates were and they were getting 9.20's ish and i wasnt that far of of their pace
richard_syko
Banned

6th Aug 05 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who cares if it costs a bit.

Dont tune your car to go quick into the locasl maccyDs car park everynight.

Cant wait too afford to do this, would love to have a lap of Spa to, not sure they do trackdays though
Adam_B

6th Aug 05 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes they do-

http://www.bookatrack.com/-pV?34
richard_syko
Banned

6th Aug 05 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
yes they do-

http://www.bookatrack.com/-pV?34

I love you

Eau Rouge here I cum
slugger_54132

6th Aug 05 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speedferries is definately the cheapest option, if you book far enough in advance can get a return trip down to like 35 quid!!
bradfincham

6th Aug 05 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember that maccys d's,
theres a town with a large hill we went through and had to wait about 1 hour while some forrestry people cleared some logs of the road that had fallen off the back of a lorry
LukeGSi

6th Aug 05 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

No offence intended but I think you have more chance slipping a whale up your arse than organising a trip to the ring...the majority of people on this site now (myself included) just aren't bothered any more!! Jesus if people don't even turn up to shows and events in the country like feck they are going to go to Germany.
CorsaControl

7th Aug 05 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukeGSi
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

No offence intended but I think you have more chance slipping a whale up your arse than organising a trip to the ring...the majority of people on this site now (myself included) just aren't bothered any more!! Jesus if people don't even turn up to shows and events in the country like feck they are going to go to Germany.

well get the lube and the whale ready coz im up for it

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How would we organise a Corsasport trip to the Nurburgring ? 23 database queries in 0.0150781 seconds