corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra GSI Turbo (Mk4) Vs Civic Type R

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra GSI Turbo (Mk4) Vs Civic Type R
Stu

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 05 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are they? 5.7litre V8 and supercharged?

The only thing I dont like (since my M3 and the 200sx) is rear wheel drive! You always have to be on your guard expecting the car to bite you!
Stu

3rd Aug 05 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaControl
P1

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 321
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1235
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 264.09
0 - 60 (Secs) : 3.95
0 - 100 (Secs) : 10.37
60 - 100 (Secs) : 6.42
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.63
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 110.34
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.23
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 114.05

--

Monaro

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 410
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1650
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 252.47
0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.59
0 - 100 (Secs) : 10.04
60 - 100 (Secs) : 5.45
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.78
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 112.81
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.68
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 114.08

Would be close but I think it would be a different story in the real world! To get a sub 5 second 0-60 in my car would take a serious launch maybe 1 in a 100! Couldnt see my car getting that 0-100 time either, maybe 11-12 secs!?

CorsaControl

3rd Aug 05 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
What are they? 5.7litre V8 and supercharged?

The only thing I dont like (since my M3 and the 200sx) is rear wheel drive! You always have to be on your guard expecting the car to bite you!

Its suprisingly planted on the roads.. No its just a V8 .. The guys in OZ that supercharge them are running 10sec quarters all day long, he has been chatting to a few of them on the HSV drivers club and its amazing as he is near the bottom of the tuning list with 410.. Alot of the hardcore tuners are in OZ running sub 10's with 6-800BHP+ plus
Stu

3rd Aug 05 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good! NA means there is even less to go wrong!!! What mods has he got? bet it sounds mint!
CorsaControl

3rd Aug 05 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds unreal.. like a dragster when revved hard.. It went to Linden for straight through stainnless exhaust from manifold, bigger air inlets, HSV airflow meter and remap...

He said he would take you out in it no probs!
Stu

3rd Aug 05 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It sounds unreal.. like a dragster when revved hard.. It went to Linden for straight through stainnless exhaust from manifold, bigger air inlets, HSV airflow meter and remap...

He said he would take you out in it no probs!

Great stuff!!!! Would love to!!!!

You'll have to PM me and let me know. Im free pretty much all weekend, will be just at my house doing some work on the P1!

CorsaControl

3rd Aug 05 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK mate, would love to see the scoob as well sound like a bit of a beast!
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 05 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're taking a 400bhp Monaro out then do the decent thing and head west down the 62
the 6ft dream

3rd Aug 05 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A VX220 Turbo does 0-60 in 4.7 seconds and the CTR does it in 6.4 ...

I said i beat him in a race didnt say i raced him from standin still. Unless u hav driven a CTR in both wet and dry conditions how wud u know how well they handle & perform?
CorsaControl

3rd Aug 05 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
If you're taking a 400bhp Monaro out then do the decent thing and head west down the 62

We're up for any regional meets etc.. went down to the NW Mig meet on sunday.. So im sure he'll come to any he can be welcomed at..
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 05 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Monday nights in Warrington?

Bit of a cruise thing but its fairly well mannered if you're there early enough.
Stu

3rd Aug 05 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, but I think the 0-60 time would also be reflected throughout the rev range, 200bhp in a light chassis! The Vx is lighter, has more power and has more grip!

Nice Evo by the way! Looka mint! Just not too sure on the rims tho?

Cybermonkey

3rd Aug 05 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of the R8's out here around sydney are getting beyond a joke. a few tuning companies are offering twin turbo conversions for the LS1 up to 1000bhp, and for about £7000 drive-in drive-out price.
LS2 which is found in all the new HSV's is really becoming known as a legendary engine. i see these things drag off the tolls on the M2 motorway, totally unreal seeing 2 at the same time roaring away, ears splitting from the rumble.
HSV have just released a new Clubsport R8 with a thing called Dealer Team Spec.

"The “HSV Dealer Team Spec” stage 1 option includes:

* HSV Modified Performance Suspension – a handling focused suspension tuned for the specified Pirelli Corsa semi competition tyres.
* HSV Leather Short Shifter – for the M12 Tremec six speed gearbox.
* HSV Linear Steering Rack – HSV developed, its linear ratio delivers a sharper ‘on-centre’ steering response, as well as greater predictability and accuracy as the steering is moved from ‘lock to lock’.
* HSV Power Steering Cooler – maintains oil temperature within limits and, importantly, provides the exact amount of backpressure needed to deliver precise steering feel and feedback.
* HSV Six-Piston Brake System – developed in conjunction with AP Racing in the UK, this powerful system features six-piston front calipers acting on huge 362mm cross-drilled and grooved rotors with four piston calipers and 343mm cross-drilled and grooved rotors at the rear. This is the mostvpowerful braking system ever fitted to an Australian road car.
* Lightweight OZ Racing Wheels (18 inch Black) – The ‘Crono Le Mans’ wheel is designed to minimise weight, while maintaining strength through a titanium enriched alloy construction. The production process for this wheel incorporates heat treatment plus a special shot peening technology. The wheel weight is only 8.2kg therefore offering an unsprung weight saving of over 20kg per vehicle over the standard wheel package.
* Pirelli P-Zero Corsa Asimmetrico tyres 235/40ZR18 – This semi competition tyre is original equipment on such high performance cars as the Ferrari 360 Challenge and Porsche GT3. It has been chosen for its excellent lateral stability and contribution to steering response. Customers may also purchase separately the regular Pirelli 19” tyre combination for the ultimate choice of rubber for each occasion."

Tom

3rd Aug 05 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish I lived in OZ
CorsaControl

3rd Aug 05 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes me laugh, he told me about twin turbing them lol the Ozzies are nutts..

a 12/13 sec quarter aint even fast over there... its entry levell... over here its rapid
Cybermonkey

3rd Aug 05 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant find a pic on the net of the Clubsport R8 DTS, but its a mean mean motherfucker.
this is the only one

check out the Clubbie SV6000 with Dynamic Driver Interface (esentially a computer to adjust many parts of the car and engine)

http://www.hsv.com.au/news/2005/sv6000.htm
Cybermonkey

3rd Aug 05 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Makes me laugh, he told me about twin turbing them lol the Ozzies are nutts..

a 12/13 sec quarter aint even fast over there... its entry levell... over here its rapid

yeah 9-10 sec 1/4s are classed as fast
Stu

3rd Aug 05 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome!!!

I seen a few HSV's when I was in Oz many moons ago!

I bet 1000bhp is a serious handful in one of them!! how do they handle?

CorsaControl

3rd Aug 05 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We haven't figured that one out yet..

High speed cornering is definatley amazing on big drifty corners but small twisties are more of a handful.. although again, shockingly grippy and good big car..

We took it down the country lanes and the torque let you stick it in 3rd and bob and weave without changing gear so no down changing or anthing just put your foot down and go and it still felt rapid in 1 gear...

It grips so well though, its hard to explain or compare with anything, plus coz its his baby he doesn't want to take it to its limits yet..
Cybermonkey

3rd Aug 05 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like a pig i suspect, but they are built for drag racing if anyone is serious about it!
To be honest though, i would love the 800bhp upgrade, leave it standard looking and cruise up the motorways looking for a fight, like a rude boi M3 or something similar. or perhaps even the odd Ferrari or Lambo to eat
Cybermonkey

3rd Aug 05 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although saying that, the VZ monaros and commodores are extremely good on the curves for such a lardy car, will keep pace with all the usual 4WD hot saloons if driven properly. bit of a drifter but easy on the limit i herd
CorsaControl

3rd Aug 05 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are trying to compare it to his old Veccy which was a real handler, he said sometimes it feels better sometimes it feels like the veccy would kill it due to FWD.. He beat M3's etc.. in the Vectra up in buxton on the twisties.. so he thinks its simlar to that..

The way he describes it is. He said you cant go into the corner as fast but you can come out of it faster with the back end out...

[Edited on 03-08-2005 by CorsaControl]
Cybermonkey

3rd Aug 05 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the thing, if you go easier into the corner, pile on the lock midway and nail it, you can be screaming out of the corner with tremendous speed as the fucker squats down on its rears
mk4_astra

3rd Aug 05 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corvette has the same engine as the monaro doesnt it?
if so check this vette out, 1000bhp tt
http://www.videocartel.com/videos/car/ttvette.wmv
CorsaControl

3rd Aug 05 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep it does, exacty the same..

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra GSI Turbo (Mk4) Vs Civic Type R 22 database queries in 0.1997428 seconds