corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Exhaust,very happy but....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust,very happy but....
Tony05

User status: Offline
4th Jul 05 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got a new induction kit and finaly my remus center section fitted,sound is wicked and i cant belive the power increase never thought it wud but its so much better to drive now and can feel loads more hp few questions

its a 1.2 8valve with a remus center section and peco backbox

will i be loosing bit of hp or sound with having mismatches bits?
will it sound any diff u think with a remus backbox?

anyone ever had mismatched components then gone and finished it all with same brand after?
just sayin this as thinkin of changing backbox anyway as it sticks out alot

thanks all any usfull info helpfull

[Edited on 04-07-2005 by Tony05]
Ojc

4th Jul 05 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tony05
power increase

loads more hp

No

NO

NO
StuartVRS

4th Jul 05 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First of all, you will have gained about 1bhp, if your lucky. Mismatched bits wont affect it, lets face it, you have fuck all power to begin with so short of changing the engine or getting out and pushing it, you aint gonna go much faster
Tony05

4th Jul 05 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true lol iif it aint more than 1hp it sure feels like it,i know its alow but now it feels much better its actualy fun,but hay this is my 3rd week of driving and im lovin it
vibrio
Banned

4th Jul 05 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got a new induction kit and finaly my remus center section fitted,sound is wicked and i cant belive the power increase never thought it wud but its so much better to drive now and can feel loads more hp few questions

will i be loosing bit of hp or sound with having mismatches bits? NO
will it sound any diff u think with a remus backbox? maybe

anyone ever had mismatched components then gone and finished it all with same brand after? probably
just sayin this as thinkin of changing backbox anyway as it sticks out alot yes peco are shit like that

thanks all any usfull info helpfull your welcome

5chaap2k

4th Jul 05 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it just sounds like it's has more power.. same thing happens when removing the backseats entirely.. no bhp / speedgain just more racey sound
danny boyo

4th Jul 05 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u have probbaly gained 3hp lol
StuartVRS

4th Jul 05 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough, if your happy thats all that matters. However the whole 'loads more bhp' is in your head im afraid. It probably sounds quicker but in reality it wont have done a thing. You will find it hard to get any power out of something that has less power than an ann summers vibrator as standard. If you are after a modified car, id avoid wasting your money on engine modifications and save it for a better car when your insurance comes down, or spend it on things that will improve the looks of your car. We have all been there when we were young, so take our advice before you waste shit loads of money

Get some pics up too
Tony05

5th Jul 05 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the only tuning im doin now its bout looks,yes it sounds faster but it is actualy quite alot quicker,massive is a figure of speech yes but im lovin it at the mo while it lasts

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Exhaust,very happy but.... 22 database queries in 0.0119638 seconds