corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Broken into :( where from here?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broken into :( where from here?
calidus

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 05 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been to see oasis tonite in manc land, was a good nite but came back to car and window was smashed and cd player has gone, as has cds obviously...they also relieved my boot of my nike air max, cds(I kept all cds in there and stereo front under the carpet!) and a coat from the boot I think i will be claiming for this little lot as it is a fair bit more than the excess, the cd player weighs in at more than the excess itself.

I have never claimed for anything before, will i need a full list of cds? I cant remembe specific cds although i will know wots missing when i get home and see the blank cases... my main concern..is glass, as any car i known to get broken into the glass has stayed. it gets everywhere any info on what i need to make my clai would be beneficial...I considered screwing them for everything I can but it dont sound feasable as the car is standard so why would it have a big multimedia set up? I was planning on claiming for cd player, cds, amp n sub, trainers n coat, they leeft the parcel shelf :S
Rob B

3rd Jul 05 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear that mate atleast the ydidnt do anymore damage than a window like bend your door.
James@CCC

4th Jul 05 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it really going to be worth it? you have to think beyond just the excess but to losing your no claims bonuses
broster
Premium Member

4th Jul 05 at 06:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

making a claim will raise your insurance a fair bit for 3 years to come.....will that cost more than a cd player....i think so.
Adam-D

4th Jul 05 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

barstards
calidus

4th Jul 05 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bent door on the pillar a bit and the paints all cracked from it, cd player is gone, not a very cheap one either, bout 60 cds have gone, all original albums plus a few copies... I dont have any no claims after this month would be my first year of no claims as i had a phase where I did not ned to drive four bout 9 months so cancelled policy.

I will get an incident number and look into how much my excess is, i know alot of you guys may not think its worth it but i do not earn enough to afford to replace EVERYTHING so easily...
schoey

4th Jul 05 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats not very handy mate. dont know what to suggest to be honest. counds like everything would be way more than the excess, so aslong as you dont mind having no, no claims again go for it. Could the citizens advice bureau help at all?
RKS

4th Jul 05 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your insurance will only cover you on a certain amount of possessions inside the car, im not sure what this figure comes to, and probably differs with different insurers, however i would assume you will need reciepts for everything you are claiming for to prove how much you paid for it and that you actually had it,

M2RTY

4th Jul 05 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no way on earth would i make a claim for a cd player and some cds

buy a 2nd hand one, copy some cds and save yourself increased premiums for the next few years

some insurers wont touch you if you have a claim AND its a hell of a lot of hassel to provide all the valuations of the gear and actually get the money (if any)
RKS

4th Jul 05 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also they may not pay out because the facia was under your carpet,
Rob B

4th Jul 05 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well you dont tell them that bit do you.
M2RTY

4th Jul 05 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
well you dont tell them that bit do you.

and they ask for it back
RichR
Premium Member

4th Jul 05 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can only claim for a certain amount worth of belongings in the car
think mine is £200 max. - check ur insurance details - u may not get newhere enar what they were worth and still have an excess to pay
RobHayes

4th Jul 05 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my insurance has upto £1k of audio equipment cover

New Poll