corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My car, she works again :D

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My car, she works again :D
StuartVRS

User status: Offline
28th Jun 05 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Following on from a few posts by me, and jr while i was on holiday the A3 is now working again. The problem causing it not to start was indeed the clifford alarm. There was supposed to be 2 wires going to the fuel pump however the person who originally fitted it was a muppet and had only connected one, causing intermittent problems which gradually got worse over time. They also had completely botched the bonnet and door sensors and were too lazy to even connect it up to the indicators and did it to the headlights instead. The Gap security bloke was superb and went through everything that was wrong, ripped out the old alarm and fitted a new Concept 650 with a new little toy, a nice turbo timer All is good, im a happy man now for the time being

Big thumbs up to gap security for awesome service and help
Ojc

28th Jun 05 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YES :THUMBS:
cargraphics4u.com

28th Jun 05 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stuart what was the name of the person who installed your alarm iniatally and also the name of the gap security guy who fixed it? Reason being, the first one sounds like a problem I had with my alarm that was installed by someone local and also I am currently waiting for gap to come and fit an alarm today. Also how much did you pay?

[Edited on 28-06-2005 by graficxpress]
StuartVRS

28th Jun 05 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by graficxpress
Stuart what was the name of the person who installed your alarm iniatally and also the name of the gap security guy who fixed it? Reason being, the first one sounds like a problem I had with my alarm that was installed by someone local and also I am currently waiting for gap to come and fit an alarm today. Also how much did you pay?

[Edited on 28-06-2005 by graficxpress]

the bloke who fitted the original one was a muppet Xtreme motorsport get in to do all the clifford alarms. I wasnt here when the alarm was being fitted today mate so i didnt see the bloke, my missus took care of it all for me. What problems are you having and with what alarm??
StuartVRS

28th Jun 05 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm, you may well have the same bloke that we did then mate as you aint too far from us. We paid just over 540 quid as we had the turbo timer and the cash charge of removing the old alarm.
deanmcreynolds26

28th Jun 05 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one mate..

it a seperate turbo timer? or part of the clifford.. also can u lock the doors have the alarm set with the turbo timeer or u have to wait for turbo timer to go off before u can set the alarm??
StuartVRS

28th Jun 05 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deanmcreynolds26
Nice one mate..

it a seperate turbo timer? or part of the clifford.. also can u lock the doors have the alarm set with the turbo timeer or u have to wait for turbo timer to go off before u can set the alarm??

its part of the clifford, you can lock the doors but as far as i know it wont arm until the engine has switched off. You cant unlock the doors though while the engine is running, and if you manually do it with the keys the engine shuts off.
ed

28th Jun 05 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gap were too lazy to fit my bonnet sensor, well they did fitt it then for some reason he cut the wire for it
StuartVRS

28th Jun 05 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats wierd, as many say though its all down to the fitters and the bloke who came out today from gap was superb and spent ages testing everything on the car before he left
jr

28th Jun 05 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good good, stu sorry mate turned my phone back on in the last few mins to find lots of txts, glads it all sorted mate,

and i was right about the alarm, see i was logical
StuartVRS

28th Jun 05 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
good good, stu sorry mate turned my phone back on in the last few mins to find lots of txts, glads it all sorted mate,

and i was right about the alarm, see i was logical

Well, it would appear so, its working fine at the moment but only time will tell just how good it is. Drained my finances a bit tho Guess the jabba remap is off for a while
StuartVRS

28th Jun 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

james can i pop down to sort that refunds out soon or if you want refund them to yourself and just sort me out when you next see me. If that aint possible, ill pop down tomorrow after work.
jr

28th Jun 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully it will all be well, sounded like he knew what he was doing, sort the rear bumer and it will be again
jr

28th Jun 05 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by StuartA3Turbo
james can i pop down to sort that refunds out soon or if you want refund them to yourself and just sort me out when you next see me. If that aint possible, ill pop down tomorrow after work.

i can refund them to you card tommorow mate i think with out you being there, if theres a prob ill give you a call tommorw afternoon
StuartVRS

28th Jun 05 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
hopefully it will all be well, sounded like he knew what he was doing, sort the rear bumer and it will be again

and front bumper and rear wing but it will be sorted soon. Looks like im back on for the national meet now anyways.
jr

28th Jun 05 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo

28th Jun 05 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad its working
Robbo

28th Jun 05 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest, are turbo timers a worthwhle purchase for any turbo'd car running more power than std?
StuartVRS

28th Jun 05 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Out of interest, are turbo timers a worthwhle purchase for any turbo'd car running more power than std?

dunno mate, i just wanted a cool gadget

Oh dear makes me sound like a chav again
jr

28th Jun 05 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

you mean liek when si asked you what the wire was for behind the dash and you said it was for the flamer kit
StuartVRS

28th Jun 05 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
quote:

you mean liek when si asked you what the wire was for behind the dash and you said it was for the flamer kit

yes, i am a closet chav boy

Robbo

28th Jun 05 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SVM 286

28th Jun 05 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Following on from a few posts by me, and jr while i was on holiday the A3 is now working again. The problem causing it not to start was indeed the clifford alarm. There was supposed to be 2 wires going to the fuel pump however the person who originally fitted it was a muppet and had only connected one, causing intermittent problems which gradually got worse over time. They also had completely botched the bonnet and door sensors and were too lazy to even connect it up to the indicators and did it to the headlights instead. The Gap security bloke was superb and went through everything that was wrong, ripped out the old alarm and fitted a new Concept 650 with a new little toy, a nice turbo timer All is good, im a happy man now for the time being

Thank Christ, so you've got her sorted Stu, must be a weight off your mind mate.

I take it you're quite happy with the new security fella then, and he did a completely job?
StuartVRS

28th Jun 05 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:

Thank Christ, so you've got her sorted Stu, must be a weight off your mind mate.

I take it you're quite happy with the new security fella then, and he did a completely job?

Tis all good jimbo, so im a much relieved man. Hows the Rs, gearbox still causing you grief eh? Tis all those 0-130+ runs in dartford tunnel mate
SVM 286

28th Jun 05 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:

Tis all good jimbo, so im a much relieved man. Hows the Rs, gearbox still causing you grief eh? Tis all those 0-130+ runs in dartford tunnel mate

Indeed, 'tis like smoking crack - once you pop, you can't stop

She's noisier than before, and i'm just scared about the potentially long walk home every time I take the old banger out

BTW, if security guy realy is great, I will have to get details from you, as I need someone super trustworthy and reliable to do me a new install

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My car, she works again :D 22 database queries in 0.1700521 seconds