corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » weird problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author weird problem
mikehiow

User status: Offline
17th Jun 05 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, I'm not sure whats happening, but recently my car has started to feel like its not pulling what it should (even for a 1.2 8v!)

It's tempromental on acceleration, sometimes it will be great, sometimes it will be absolute bollocks, especially up hills (even lil ones ) now, I learnt in a Corsa C 1.0 3cyl, and even that goes better than my car does.

The only way I can describe it is that the revs are there, but it's just not pulling

Not sure if this is related, but after keeping the revs high for a while (say doing 50-60 in 4th for a couple of minutes) I have problems getting into first and second gear.

thought it might be the clutch not sitting right or something similar, but the bite point seems ok and normal, not too high etc. what else could it be?

just to give you an idea, we have about a 1/4mile dual carriage way, and it struggles to make it to 60 before getting to the 40 (about 100yds before the end)

any ideas?

[Edited on 17-06-2005 by mikehiow]
ed

17th Jun 05 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably going to be a worn clutch if the engine is all running ok

I'm affraid the 1.0 12v's are faster and more powerfull that the 1.2 8v's, they are simply better engines
mikehiow

17th Jun 05 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is though, the clutch feels fine, guess the only way to find out is to have a look.

I know alot of vauxhalls you can get to the clutch without dropping the box? is this true for the corsa b?
mikehiow

17th Jun 05 at 03:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*bump*
Nick A

17th Jun 05 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had same prob mate, mine was sluggish when puuting fot down, ebded up changing spark plugs and un blocking oil breathers, worked for me. prob sorted
Filby1

17th Jun 05 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

COOLENT TEMP SENSOR? my car was doin the same if this is gone they over fuel and if you jump on the accel it dies on ya

New Poll