corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Broadband Over Electricity

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broadband Over Electricity
sukhwant

User status: Offline
14th Jun 05 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those behind the technology say that because it uses a building's existing electricity network to deliver broadband, it eliminates the need to install new telephone cables.

Sounds cooool

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/06/13/hotel_broadband/
Dom

14th Jun 05 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been around years, scottish power were looking into it and i think they had a trial about a year ago - dont know how well it worked mind

Although there is a limit to how fast you can go and i think its something like 2mb, if that...but still, its a good idea though
Bart

14th Jun 05 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its HP that have invented a network that plugs into a 3 pin socket and links your PCs up via the electricity ring within your home/hotel etc.
I should image its just a router, connected up to the 3 pin plug
someone

14th Jun 05 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possible to connect up houses in your street in same way if both houses are on same phase.

Think the issue with pylons is security as you could just sit underneath and hack into the network. -i think this is what i was told
mikehiow

14th Jun 05 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The issue was theres no proper way to get the data from the 10,000v feeds to the transformers that are in most peoples streets,

so basically, theres inet over electricity trials that were going on needed a leased line or something at each transformer station, 1 transformer station normally covers 1-5 streets tops.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Broadband Over Electricity 22 database queries in 0.0093179 seconds