corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is this a dodgy ee-bay scam?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is this a dodgy ee-bay scam?
stubbsy

User status: Offline
10th Jun 05 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just recieved an email asking me to verify my account information, the other day i had to change my password because apparently it had been tamperd with? the e-mail read

Place or Update Credit Card on File

Dear eBay member,

During our regulary schedule account maintenance and verification we have detected a slight error in your billing information on file with eBay. This might be due to either following reasons:

- A recent change in your personal information (i.e. change of address)
- Submited invalid information during the initial sign up process.
- An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due an internal error within
our processors.

Please sign in to your eBay account and update your billing information : click here

If your account information is not update, your ability to sell or bid on eBay will become restricted.

Thank you,
eBay Billing Department

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. eBay will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect your eBay password and your account, please visit User Account Protection.

This eBay notice was sent to you based on your eBay account preferences and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To change your notification preferences, click here. If you would like to receive this email in text format, click here.

Copyright © 2005 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc

The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit Preferences - What's This?]

the link which it gave me then sent me to a page which asks me for my card details. i have also noticed that the money which will be comming to me from my car which has met reserve has been changed to dollers and the winning bidder has -1 rating.

is this all too dodgy or just a coincidence?
there were no e-bay graphics on the e-mail, is this dodgy or legitimate?
Paul H

10th Jun 05 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep dodgy
Paul H

10th Jun 05 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also i hope you didn't change your password via a link
stubbsy

10th Jun 05 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i did shall i change it again?

thought nothing of it at first
Mattb

10th Jun 05 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes via ebay, and sharpish.. i would check your account
CorsAsh

10th Jun 05 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Official eBay communications will address you by name, never "Dear eBay Member"

Download eBay toolbar too, it has a function to tell you if you are on a legitimate eBay page.
stubbsy

10th Jun 05 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the user which is the highest bidder shall i remove his bid as it seems very dodgy?
stubbsy

10th Jun 05 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also just recieved another e-mail saying

Valued eBay Member,
According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by completing the following form or else your account will be suspended within 24 hours for investigations.

Never share your eBay password to anyone!

Establish your proof of identity with ID Verify (free of charge) - an easy way to help others trust you as their trading partner. The process takes about 5 minutes to complete and involves updating your eBay information. When you're successfully verified, you will receive an ID Verify icon in your feedback profile. Currently, the service is only available to residents of the United States and U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Guam.)

Your Confirmation code is : 2409

To update your eBay records Click here

Regards,
Safeharbor Department eBay, Inc

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit Preferences - What's This?]

DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is this a dodgy ee-bay scam? 22 database queries in 0.0381689 seconds