corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » need help with led indicators!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need help with led indicators!
Chris182

User status: Offline
30th May 05 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought some led indicator bulbs to go with my angel eye headlamps. just got them in and working, and they look mint! Only problem is that they flash far too fast, like they do when a bulb has gone. Even more confusing is that they flash normally when hazards are on, just really fast when indicating. I'v checked all the bulbs and there fine - anyone any idea's? Need help ASAP!

Chris
MoNkEy MaGiC

30th May 05 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

generally indicators flashing fast mean a indicator bulb some were is blown and so giving extra current to the other bulbs which leads to the fast flashing!

LED's draw very little current compared to normal bulbs! so in your case i think the indicator system has extra current at the other bulbs making them flash faster!

unless its somthing else, bad/loose connection's, bad wiring etc its likey you will have to get rid of the led indicator bulbs for some normal ones to solve the problem!

you should of got some normal-chrome bulbs, thats what i got in mine, led's in my experience are not very reliable!

Chris182

30th May 05 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was hoping to keep them, as they look mint. anyone know of a way that i can slow these down to a normal flashing speed?
Cossie

31st May 05 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try a resistor in parallel i have done this on my interior dimming light

New Poll