corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » FAO anyone that knows about digi cameras

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO anyone that knows about digi cameras
corsa_fella

User status: Offline
   27th May 05 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi ya , basically just looking to buy me first digital cam,up until now ive been useing my canon eos slr,with pretty good results just want to change with the times.
ive been looking at the canon eos 300d digital slr, what are these like in a nutshell and for the price?
also ive been told if i use my slr lenses on the digi cam it'l increase the zoom or something? whats all that about?
cheers

[Edited on 27-05-2005 by corsa_fella]
Cavey

27th May 05 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 350D is coming out to replace it i THINK.
vibrio
Banned

27th May 05 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

350d is already out. much better than 300D I'd save for the 350. better off with it.

if you have canon EF lenses then they will fit any EOS camera body film or digital.
Simon

28th May 05 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get on some proper camera site with reviews, theres one called Stevedigitalcameras.com or something like that which is pretty good
Ian
Site Administrator

28th May 05 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_fella
been told if i use my slr lenses on the digi cam it'l increase the zoom or something?
The sensor in most DSLRs is smaller than a 35mm film, so the image you capture is the smaller cropped square inside what would be a normal frame size.

Read these

http://www.millhouse.nl/digitalcropfactorframe.html
http://luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/understanding-series/dslr-mag.shtml

On the Canon stuff you lenses become 1.6 times longer.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » FAO anyone that knows about digi cameras 23 database queries in 0.0089989 seconds