corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » got bored... and painted my drums :D

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author got bored... and painted my drums :D
dna23

User status: Offline
25th May 05 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its ever so easy really... dunno why i didnt do it sooner i decided on black cos it won't go pink like red or any other dodgy off colour... also matches nicely with my paintwork

TNM

25th May 05 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics of your missus' drums?
mattwhite

25th May 05 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics wiv wheels back on please
Fear

25th May 05 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did you use, i really should do this but no time!
M Sutton

25th May 05 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive done mine black and look soo much better imo, i used hammerite
Ojc

25th May 05 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got to do my calipers and drums again before PVS.
Rob B

25th May 05 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

myne are gold
dna23

25th May 05 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used hammerite like M Sutton, its best tbh even compared to these "special kits" i'm real pleased with the results....

u up n'ton cruise 2nite M sutton? i shall be makin an appearance
M Sutton

25th May 05 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohh, yes mate im leaving pretty soonish to get there for about 8, should be a good little turn out hopefully. we usually have our own little corner so just come over and park.
dna23

25th May 05 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i'll come over to ure lot, dunno if it will be dry dry but who cares - we're leavin tow around 8 i'll be with a fiesta *sigh* and a green thing which is a SEAT and jus so u can take the piss he paid 1500 for his doors and boot smothin by QVR... c u up their later mate
dna23

25th May 05 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well.... that was interesting i left them for 3 hours and went out - was touch dry so thought i shall go to n'ton cruise tonight anyway tortled off to see my lover broster and co.

arrived to notice M Sutton, Dan T and some others lookin at me wagon... popped on over and they were havin a chuckle at the fact the drums weren't actually that dry the paint had splattered all over my alloys in a nice spastic kid armed with paintbrush way lol... anyway left it and got home...

got the cif out after my mums recommendation (i snubbed it tbh - cif shifting hammerite?) anyway wanged it on and gave a scrub all the paint came off and shiny wheel once again

repainted at 11pm and on axle stands to dry this time properly overnight more pics 2moro with wheels on
Andrew

25th May 05 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine are a rusty colour
R Lee

25th May 05 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lucky bugger.

edit: not to you pugnut.

[Edited on 25-05-2005 by Richard Lee]
bradfincham

25th May 05 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did mine yesterday, black hammerite as well, wire brush rust off, then paint, wet and dry and then paint again!!
R Lee

25th May 05 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did mine ages ago with satin black hammerite.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th May 05 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done 1 with Hammerite. Needs doing again. Covered in Fingerprints, grease and hammer marks...

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
dave17

26th May 05 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
I've done 1 with Hammerite. Needs doing again. Covered in Fingerprints, grease and hammer marks...

snap
broster
Premium Member

26th May 05 at 06:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dna23
well.... that was interesting i left them for 3 hours and went out - was touch dry so thought i shall go to n'ton cruise tonight anyway tortled off to see my lover broster and co.

arrived to notice M Sutton, Dan T and some others lookin at me wagon... popped on over and they were havin a chuckle at the fact the drums weren't actually that dry the paint had splattered all over my alloys in a nice spastic kid armed with paintbrush way lol... anyway left it and got home...

got the cif out after my mums recommendation (i snubbed it tbh - cif shifting hammerite?) anyway wanged it on and gave a scrub all the paint came off and shiny wheel once again

repainted at 11pm and on axle stands to dry this time properly overnight more pics 2moro with wheels on

such a tard
ed

26th May 05 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You got to leave Hammerite for 24 hours Especially if its going to be getting warm
TNM

26th May 05 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
quote:

You got to leave Hammerite for 24 hours Especially if its going to be getting warm

Could of told him that yesterday
Rus

26th May 05 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

haha. good job you got it off though
Stu

26th May 05 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good colour choice!!!

Nothing worse than red or yellow drums!
club_casualty

26th May 05 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Good colour choice!!!

Nothing worse than red or yellow drums!

I agree, gonna be doing mine this wkend, in black along with the calipers. Got some little Vauxhall decals to put on the calipers as well, should look pretty good
jeff8png

26th May 05 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i painted my drums/calipers silver last summer, still look good but discolouring a bit. thinking of doing them black this summer, to match the car.
dna23

28th May 05 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just for the ppl who wanted to see them with wheels on and also clean wheels no hammerite on them

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » got bored... and painted my drums :D 23 database queries in 0.0186970 seconds