corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cams

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cams
daddysport

User status: Offline
24th May 05 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has any of u gone down the cams route to get extra power???? wot make an type r the good choice please let me no and rough prices for the cams and fittin
broster
Premium Member

24th May 05 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did, what engine d oyou have, not really worth it on the x16/x16/c16xe engines as you cant fit verniers to dial them in properly unless you run after market management. well you can run a vernier on the inlet but not the exhaust.
i have kent fast road cams, not sure on the duration of them. for the 16v engine cam kits come in at 300ish for a reprofile of the standard cams and 470+ for new cams, fitting cam be expencive and odnt forget to map the cam with a unichip at least!
daddysport

24th May 05 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah im thinkin of gettin a power box but havent decided yet then yeah cams and chip to rr it to get it all workin prop i have a x16xe and wot is this u cant fit vernier thats poo does it work on standard pullies or is it better to get vernier
broster
Premium Member

24th May 05 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the standard pullies will be fine, thats what i use, with a custom remap and few other goodies, but the standard exhaust pully has some lugs on it that are needed for the standrad management(cam sensor thingy) if you run dta style management you can get rid of the need for the sensor, hence fit a vernier on the exhaust pulley....
verniers will always be better tho!
daddysport

24th May 05 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oic ok wot is dta management?? and where did u get all ur work done?? im thinkin of courtenay but along way to go i am closer to regal but they seem to charge the earth
broster
Premium Member

24th May 05 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in my signiture there is a company jamsport, they are based in northampton, great company IMO, built some fantastic cars. dta management is "proper" management, there are many different types, like emerald, omex etc..... i recently bought some omex but sold it due to lack of funds
daddysport

24th May 05 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so if i went to jam sport and sed right sort me would they be able to do the work like cams and power box with a chip and get it all set up prop so i can both use it for an everyday work car and abit of a racer
broster
Premium Member

24th May 05 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you would have to supply the power box id think, as they are hard to find now, think they dont make them any more sadl, regal only have a few left??
but yes they will set it all up so you can use it as an everyday car, i use mine as an every day car, granted its not stupidly powerfun but it goes well, easily keeps up with my mates 1.7 puma engined ka with 154bhp.....
daddysport

24th May 05 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow thats cool
i have standard power ma b a few extra bhp but 150 would be nice wot bits have u got on urs??
broster
Premium Member

24th May 05 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

150bhp is realistically a little high, but achievable with good cams etc, i got 140bhp (well 138bhp) i have a timed 0-60 of 7.14seconds which is good (but it has no interior)
daddysport

24th May 05 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool
yeah i will give them a ring 2m and se owt they can do for me and wot theysuggest to get some more power out my little engine
daddysport

24th May 05 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broster i c u have 1 of those gear shortner things r they any good how much do they shorten it by and r they easy to fit??
broster
Premium Member

24th May 05 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

say you spoke to me on here, they know me by broster with the red corsa, very helpfull blokes. addme on msn if you want any more info....videos etc..... mark_broster80@hotmail.com
broster
Premium Member

24th May 05 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the m-tec short shift makes a hell of a difference really makes the shift about 50% shorter, bit of a bugger to get to......i got jamsport to fit it
James R

24th May 05 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're fitting cams you limited on the engine as the valve clearances are tight as it is. 264deg type cams are the max you can run.

they will boost top end a bit, and would work well with a inlet and "chip"

Best to get all mantzel stuff they do cams, inlet and chip- which woudl be mapped for that set up, and would probably give the best results.

Although for the money you could either have a 2L, or inlet+managent and no cams.

I prefer the later option standalone stuff rules.
Murray

24th May 05 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 155bhp from an x16xe, but like j1400 said it will cost you.
i've got mantzel inlet, fast road cams, headwork, uprated headgasket, bigger forged pistons, 4 branch plus full exhaust lightened and balanced bottomend, custom map etc etc.
amazing car and matchs a standard scooby but for the money i've spent i could have bought one.
Thats not really the point tho is it?
Don't regret doing it cos i love the car

daddysport

24th May 05 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow fcuk me u have done alot i want to do it as a project it makes it more worth while as i could just buy a civic type r but wheres the fun in doin that

im gonna go a round a few places and chat to jam and ppl and finalise my plan then it will be spend spend spend
broster
Premium Member

24th May 05 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Murray
i've got mantzel inlet, fast road cams, headwork, uprated headgasket, bigger forged pistons, 4 branch plus full exhaust lightened and balanced bottomend, custom map etc etc.
amazing car and matchs a standard scooby but for the money i've spent i could have bought one.

id like to see how my car perfroms against yours.......
broster
Premium Member

24th May 05 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daddysport
wow fcuk me u have done alot i want to do it as a project it makes it more worth while as i could just buy a civic type r but wheres the fun in doin that

im gonna go a round a few places and chat to jam and ppl and finalise my plan then it will be spend spend spend

how much do you have to spend out of interest?! as j1400 said a 2ltr only costs £2kish
Murray

25th May 05 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah def worth doing, just get your plans sorted from the start, i would have been cheaper if i'd known where i wanted to go with it from the start.
i have a scooby as well so i know how quick it is, you don't get the same kick as with the turbo, but everyone i've had in the corsa falls in the love with i.
2ltr will be cheaper if you want it quick but the handling does suffer a bit from the 2ltr engine.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

25th May 05 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

ive got 155bhp as well from my x16xe, but without cams. i know rolling roads are inaccurate, but thats on 2 different ones. my mates got a scooby, and a 155 bhp corsa wont keep up, so i think you are a bit optomistic there

Murray

25th May 05 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like i said i have a scooby as well as a corsa, i'm not saying its faster or anything but a uk spec scooby cannot shake it off.
pointless arguing about it really cos we'll get into the old ' is that in a straight line' or 'from a standing start' or 'round a track' or 'what about the fourth wednesday of the month when its a full moon?'
if you do it, the car will be quick and upset alot of fast cars.
plus its fun & thats the point in the end.
broster
Premium Member

26th May 05 at 06:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
like i said i have a scooby as well as a corsa, i'm not saying its faster or anything but a uk spec scooby cannot shake it off.
pointless arguing about it really cos we'll get into the old ' is that in a straight line' or 'from a standing start' or 'round a track' or 'what about the fourth wednesday of the month when its a full moon?'
if you do it, the car will be quick and upset alot of fast cars.
plus its fun & thats the point in the end.

agreed

New Poll