corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dissertation help if possible

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dissertation help if possible
YoYo_Punto

User status: Offline
   19th May 05 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have to complete a proposal for my dissertation essay, in order to gain merit on a certain module.

Because of my huge interest of cars, moddifing, etc... aswell as my corsa feature in Total Vauxhall Magazine a couple of years back in
I have decided to do my dissertation on modifing cars.
This will include looking into WHY, HOW, COSTS, DIFFERENT APPROACHS, REASONS, TH EFFECT etc............

And I was just wondering if anyone could add a few more questions/directions/sugguestions or points I can add or look into?

Thanks

Jonny_Q
Ian
Site Administrator

19th May 05 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What degree?
antscorsa

19th May 05 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel a big fail coming on, how and why the hell would u want to write a dissertation on chaved up motors.

but being seriuos talk abotut eh huge growth in the market palce for modified parts and the effects it has had on the design in cars, such as the yanks sion car that has a list of modified bolt on parts from the dealer.
Colin

19th May 05 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl
YoYo_Punto

19th May 05 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea thaks,

I am doing BA Graphic Communication
Ian
Site Administrator

19th May 05 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll know more what the degree is about but I can't really see a link between what is effectively a graphic design course and your hobby.

The only possible avenue would be using cars as art instead of adverts? You may end up summising that many people try it but on the whole its difficult and most people fail.
YoYo_Punto

19th May 05 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian, the dissertation has to be about something you are hugely interested in and something which you can relate your course subject too, For example, Car modifying, - In magzine layouts, photograpghy, the effect on the public, and design as a whole, ie different body kits portray different styles.designs within the car world
brummiesxi

19th May 05 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about emotional attachment? (some ppl get very attached to there possesions) or why these people modify there cars to portray a certain image?
YoYo_Punto

19th May 05 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very true brum, the emotional attachment is a great point, for example if you car is broken into, it effects you in all ways, (I know because I have experienced it twice)

good point
brummiesxi

19th May 05 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck, have a 10,000 word dissertation soon for my m/des transport+product design, need to dig out the prozac....
YoYo_Punto

19th May 05 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol cheers

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dissertation help if possible 22 database queries in 0.0119109 seconds