corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bugger - My Own Fault - But that's PVS out of the window :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bugger - My Own Fault - But that's PVS out of the window :(
dave17

User status: Offline
13th May 05 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doh paul, i remember the look on ur face when u pulled up at the meet

when i got caught doing 59 in a 30 limit and had my court summons i just pleaded guilty by post, and wrote a cover letter saying how sorry i was an how much i value my licence etc now. i also said how i was unemployed etc and cant afford a fine.

ended up with 6 points and a £75 fine. on my license it says SP30 with 6 points
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th May 05 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk
quote:
Originally posted by Ally
willay had a PDF file located somewhere called 'save your license' ask him for that and have a good read, there might be somthing in there that could help you.

I will now return to being 'high and mighty'

saveyourdrivinglicence.pdf

Got a copy here but it's very basic. Nothing that you could rely on in court. If your going to plan a defence, you need to do some serious research of case law..

http://www.willay.net/saveyourdrivinglicence.pdf

[Edited on 13-05-2005 by Ian]
Ally

13th May 05 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave17

13th May 05 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had another one of these guides too, that was about 100 pages long. told u questions to ask if ur representing yourself in court etc. il try to find it
ed

13th May 05 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get banned, your insurance goes down by like 50%

Just mention the differences in the statement given by the Police and what you reported actually happened to your solicitor when it goes to court, the solicitor may give the Police officer or whoever a hard time about it and you may get off with points and a fine.

[Edited on 13-05-2005 by 1800ed]
dave17

13th May 05 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
i had another one of these guides too, that was about 100 pages long. told u questions to ask if ur representing yourself in court etc. il try to find it

no, its the same one
Danny P

13th May 05 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I'm a student so my financial status will not allow me to have a large fine.

If you get a large fine you dont have to pay it all in full anyways, they will ask you your income and will set up a payment rate that you will be anle to stick to
Captain_Rosco

13th May 05 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Real sorry to hear about that mate !!!

If you would like.....you could always share a trip up to PVS with me mate.

Your only down the road, so it's not out of my way.

Ian
Site Administrator

13th May 05 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
you were entrapped into making things worse
How?
MatG

13th May 05 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got caught doing 101MPH on the M40, this was just after they announced publicly that any one caught over 100MHP would get an instant ban.

I would not bother with trying to find the police at fault you most likely wont prove it and then they will come down even harder on you.

The only way to get out of ban is to where a suit be very polite to the court and tell them how sorry you are (I mean grovel) and explain how you wont do it ever again.

After you have done that explain how essential your car is to you, for example I needed mine to work without it I wouldn't have been able to work (I work out of town) also I said I had to pick up 2 people everyday for work so they could also be out of work if I lost my licence. You will get a large fine and points but you wont get a ban.

When you are in court you will see the person in front for you being done (its a little like a conveyor belt) he was the same as me over a 100 (110mph iirc) he explained how he needed to do shopping for his family as he was the only one that drives etc, he also got off with points and a fine.

I got £650 fine and 6 points. I was very lucky! as people have said they ask your finacial situation and then make you pay it back relervant to it IE £50 a month or £10 a month etc.

Good luck and be polite
ed

13th May 05 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or if you are a student they don't give you a fine at all. Don't mention the fact you have a part time job
Ojc

13th May 05 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed

This aimed at me? Your a cock, I know how much I pay.

Maybe you know different to me? Maybe you run my life.
ed

13th May 05 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

God what is wrong with you you you bloody paranoid fucking idiot. Why the hell would I know how much your insurnace is? I was talking about my own experience and how my insurance has gone down loads since getting un-banned. Now get a fucking life, I don't want to talk to you, meet you or talk of you ever so why would I make sly comments about you?
Paul_J

13th May 05 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
doh paul, i remember the look on ur face when u pulled up at the meet

when i got caught doing 59 in a 30 limit and had my court summons i just pleaded guilty by post, and wrote a cover letter saying how sorry i was an how much i value my licence etc now. i also said how i was unemployed etc and cant afford a fine.

ended up with 6 points and a £75 fine. on my license it says SP30 with 6 points

Hmm... This is what my dad's telling me to do - Just post my plea of guilty with a letter. Mainly due to the fact that he doesn't want a day off of work to drive all the way to the court house - Note I live up in slough and this post came from brighton

But surely it's not a good impression if you the defendant can't even be arsed to turn up to court?

Does it make any difference do you think being there or not... I'm going to plead guilty either way - personally I'd prefere to be there, but I can't drive as a ban = no way of driving back.

Paul J
MatG

13th May 05 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

massive difference go to the court even if you have to catch the bus. Not going shows your arrogance to the law.
Dan-P

13th May 05 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hard luck m8, been awhile but saw this and can only think 'unlucky'.

I think everyones done it once some get caught some don't, some admit it some don't.

From what I've had whenever a copper sees a road angel in the front of a young drivers car (modded especially) you tend to get everything thrown at you but when you buy it I suppose we must expect that - that's life eh?
Ojc

13th May 05 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

God what is wrong with you you you bloody paranoid fucking idiot. Why the hell would I know how much your insurnace is? I was talking about my own experience and how my insurance has gone down loads since getting un-banned. Now get a fucking life, I don't want to talk to you, meet you or talk of you ever so why would I make sly comments about you?

Ok I take that back, and its intresting to see another person that was banned, then un-banned and insurance decreased like mine.

Intresting
Adam_B

13th May 05 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happens if you just sign the guilty thing and not bother going to court? is there a set penalty or do they decide on how nice your covering letter is?

[Edited on 13-05-2005 by Adam_B]
Paul_J

13th May 05 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
What happens if you just sign the guilty thing and not bother going to court? is there a set penalty or do they decide on how nice your covering letter is?

I would of thought the same would happen...

Basically even if i'm there - and plead guilty, the only things that'll be read out in court is my letter and the police statement... The only difference is I think they may take it as a bit of a 'couldn't give a shit' attitude if I didn't even bother turning up - I have no idea.

I just thought Summons meant you had to go. But apparently not.
Rebrabuk

13th May 05 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think appearing in court is optional..

I recommend you get yourself down there. A warrant for your arrest will be issued should you fail to turn up.
Adam_B

13th May 05 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

someone i know signed the form guilty plea, accept all charges type thing and sent it off. he got 28 day ban and £225 fine without going to court. think he was doing something like 103 mph

MatG

13th May 05 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont have to go if you send in a plea of guilty. He hasnt commited murder!!!

I would go to court, it will give you a chance to say your sorry and answer any questions they may have something you can not do if you are not there.
nickyboy01

14th May 05 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatG
massive difference go to the court even if you have to catch the bus. Not going shows your arrogance to the law.

This is a good point, if you turn up it does show your remorse at the offence, whether you may be working etc on the day if you dont show up it will show that you have better things to do which may be true but the judge may take this into account, oh yeah and dont drive otherwise if you're banned you wont be driving home

My Dad was done for 106 on the A303 a good few years ago, has had to go to Wincanton from Oxford to court and was praised for doing so, ended up with a £180 fine and a 28 day ban but no points. Only problem nowadays is the fact speed is such a major issue with campaingners that penalties tend to be harsher.
As for insurance, ignore what people say with regards to their own experience, everybody is different. Your age/postcode/car/offence will all be deciding factors as what happends after the offence so the best advice is to phone and ask for the worst case scenario.

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I love corsasport.

Everyone on here has never broken the speed limit, never drank a point over the limit, never spun their wheels in error or deliberately.

I hope you get off lightly paul, by what it sounds like you were in the wrong, but you were entrapped into making things worse.

I say the copper is yet another example of the lack of decent honest and law obiding officers in the force. Its such a shame, its not like you havent admeitted your error, just trying to penalise u further for no reason.

Makes me very very angry

FFS why does everyone always come up with the same bollocks when someone gets done for speeding, we all speed, some of us drive whilst over the limit and i'm pretty sure all of like to spin the wheels at times but so what?? if you get caught you get caught end of. You know the score when you break the law.

Sorry Paul, not aiming to diss you or anything

I dont see how he was trapped into making things worse, the only thing i see wrong is the fact the officer said he showed you the video when he didnt, i'm afraid that gonna make feck all difference its not like its a murder case or anything, the offence is still on the tape which will more than likely be shown at court if required.

As for penailise him further He was doing more than 30mph over the limit, he made a mistake which we all do and was caught. I've been there and learnt my lesson
Danny P

14th May 05 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont go to court, dont take not of any letters, wiat till you get a final Demand, ring up the court say you never knew you had a fine, make a Statutory Declaration, fine & points get wiped out.

Prosecution may want to re-summons you at a later date, if not then you get away with it

nickyboy01

14th May 05 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worst possible information

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bugger - My Own Fault - But that's PVS out of the window :( 22 database queries in 0.0220921 seconds