corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting Rid of Fine scratches

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting Rid of Fine scratches
Rob H

User status: Offline
9th May 05 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, its doing my fucking head in now. My cars got real good paintwork on it, and it polished us a treat, but when the sun hits it, theres shitloads of very fine scratches all over it, that i just cant seem to get rid of . Is there any polishes of Waxes that will remove them?

Currently using Some turtlewax colourmagig, which gives a good shine, and makes the paint ultrasmooth, but doesnt shift the scratches.
Jake

9th May 05 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

meguiars scratch X - or get it mopped

[Edited on 09-05-2005 by jakethesnake]
Ned

9th May 05 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mop, t-cut, polish
bradfincham

9th May 05 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure u wash the sponge when u wash the car, or chamois etc, as your just rubbing fine dirst all over the car!
get it mopped at a bodyshop to cure that!!
Rob H

9th May 05 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What exactly does mopping the paintwork involve?

Cant see how using anything harsher than polish will remove the marks. There only visible when you catch them in the right light, not if you look at them straight on, or if the sun isnt directly on it.

Think there more polishing/swirl marks than anything, but there just really annoying .

infinitycorsa

9th May 05 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its either a polish/ cutting agent which gets rubber over the body work with a circullar rubbing down thing, then wiped off i beleive i may be wrong....mines got to be done this friday, after my paint work has been done

[Edited on 09-05-2005 by infinitycorsa]
bradfincham

9th May 05 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a compund like g3 etc,
then mop the car with a rotary mop this removes fine scratches that are in the lacquer and flattens the paint for an amazing finish!!
Rob H

9th May 05 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant see how using a compound harsher than polish will remove the scratches . Might have to look into that G3 stuff. Any ideas where to get it?
Jackooo

9th May 05 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cutting compound should get it out mate
Davido

9th May 05 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically a mopping is a bufffing why all the ghey terminology you all think you work in a bodyshop keep it simple !! its a buff of you car you can buy then yourself from argos etc then just buy some decent polish but be careful not to buff one area to long or you will go through the paint, that will get rid of all your scratches :things:
Rob H

9th May 05 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daveyboyuk
basically a mopping is a bufffing why all the ghey terminology you all think you work in a bodyshop keep it simple !! its a buff of you car you can buy then yourself from argos etc then just buy some decent polish but be careful not to buff one area to long or you will go through the paint, that will get rid of all your scratches :things:

So hows that gonna be benificial over me just polishing it normally? All these people saying to use cutting compound and T-Cut are making me laugh. The scratches are gonna be made worse by using that than made better. There caused by the polish as it is, so using something more abrasive is gonna make it worse, not better .
Jackooo

9th May 05 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
quote:

So hows that gonna be benificial over me just polishing it normally? All these people saying to use cutting compound and T-Cut are making me laugh. The scratches are gonna be made worse by using that than made better. There caused by the polish as it is, so using something more abrasive is gonna make it worse, not better .

Thats why they are abrasive tho.... to remove the scratches... it all depends on how you use compound and so on and so forth..... if you want your paint out new again, i suggest a full car buff. Suggest using a medium density buffing pad on a angle grinder (variable speeds) use cutting compound (believe it or not you can use the house hold cleaner cif) throw large splodges of compound onto panel of car, also apply water to lubricate surface, and buff in go in lines from top of panel to bottom, applying a moderate amount of pressure (not too much tho otherwise u will take paint off!) best to try out on an old panel first or less noticable area! Then once you have found correct pressure to apply whilst buffing just use this round the whole car, appyling more pressure on deeper scratches... or duller paintwork!
Fear

9th May 05 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt suggest using G3 or G10 if you have never used it before it takes no prisioners!
Davido

9th May 05 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
quote:

u buy special cutting polish which removes the scarcthes and with using a buffer u get a right deep good polish unlike doing it by hand

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting Rid of Fine scratches 22 database queries in 0.0099080 seconds